🎶~(🍬🎈)~

HELLOOOOO!!!!! I'M SO SORRY FOR DISAPPEARING FOR MONTHS AGAIN. I HAVE BEEN SOOSOSO BUSY!!! BUT I AM BACK WITH EMURUI REQUESTED BY mirkaat. SO SORRY AGAIN! PLEASE ENJOY!!! (p.s. i think i really like royalty AUs HELPEPEP SORRY)

With a reassuring beam of gold, the sweet taste of warmth from the sun, she knew she had made it. 'Freedom' was a simple word to describe her achievement; after years of oppression and fear, she escaped to the castle of refuge. There, she'd spend her days living as a human by worrying about the stresses of money, food and safety. The thought, despite obviously sounding exhausting, was so appealing that she knew the draining journey was worth it. All the painful sacrifices that cast wounds both physically and emotionally on her became numb as they began to heal. They wouldn't sting or throb anymore. Just from that beautiful ray of sunshine bouncing off the tallest spire of the castle in front of her.

Grand wasn't enough of a word to describe the interior of the castle. No, she could've said elegant, magical or luxurious and still it wouldn't be enough. Her worn heels clacked weakly against the polished marble floor as she explored the main room. Decorated with plain nothing, the walls stood firmly in its threatening violet colour. Her ears began to tingle and then ring. Quiet. It wasn't too quiet, though. No, it was safe and perfect and calm. However, it was too perfect.

Noticing the professional spiral staircase leading up to the second floor, she ignored her feelings of suspicion and made her way to the first floor. A railing offering support up each steep step allowed her to take her time to reach the banister. There she saw a never ending corridor of dark wooden doors. She guessed they were all abandoned bedrooms, some bathrooms or drawing rooms. After opening the first few doors, she was able to find a clean enough room to stay with a nearby bathroom.

All was right, all was well.

But of course, life can't be that easy. Especially if it's Emu Otori's, runaway princess of the Otori Kingdom.

"ROOOAAAGH!"

An ear splitting roar. The dying floor boards trembled, already weak from centuries of being trampled on by noble women's expensive heels. Along with the floor, Emu shook. The sweet silence was now interrupted and though she was now quivering in a familiar fear, she somehow expected this. Her bad luck would eventually lead to an early death, after all.

The roar was one thing, fire was another.

Fleeting sparks of red and orange appeared in the corner of her eye, and she instantly dived to the left as a flame exploded into a giant inferno where she was previously standing. Hasty breaths of fright escaped her mouth.

"Wh-" she couldn't make a sound. It wasn't that she didn't want to, she just couldn't. "Ha-" No, nothing.

Suddenly, a tall figure emerged from the flames that were now taking over the room. Despite the bright lights invading all the dark corners filled with cobwebs, it still was impossible to make out his facial features. However, she knew this figure was no normal human man.

A mischievous smile gave it all away.

His unkempt hair was a violent purple with streaks of wild cyan, a combination so unique and shocking to society that he would be avoided even if he was a human. His attire was a fancy grey suit, a classic outfit worn by villains; but it was so dishelved and torn that Emu couldn't help wondering what sort of battles he'd fought in.

"Sorcerer Kamishiro.." Emu panted and her body got up onto its feet without her realising. Now she was running helplessly, but she knew that was useless.

After all, running from a dragon was too stupid to even think about doing. Yet, every protagonist would do just that. If they were destined to die.

"Where are you going?" came the murderous echo from the Sorcerer. He was right there, right on her heel, right behind her. "Princess Otori." It was just her name, but her legs froze and she fell to the floor. Her limbs began to flop around like jelly and she attempted to scream.