~🎶~(🎈❄️)

Hello! This is a mafurui fluff one-shot requested by mafuyuki_n25. I'm so sorry this took so long to make, I've been so busy (⁠*⁠﹏⁠*⁠;⁠) Hope you guys enjoy! It's quite a long one shot <3

Isolated from the world of joy, Asahi Kingdom stands alone gloomily. The kingdom is small and is surrounded by empty land for miles and miles. Even the land is dead. It's just dirt. No grass.

Sitting stiffly on her throne, Queen Mafuyu's eyes move to the windows outside. Flashes of lightning give some form of light in the dark sky, and thunder provides some sound to the quiet kingdom. Together, they make a sort of life, as if something was truly alive in a city full of zombies.

The queen's eyes then moved back to her advisor, who's movements were slightly shaky.

"How can this city's people amuse me?" she frowned while speaking in her monotonous tone.

"Ah well... Y-your majesty, you mustn't be so quick to assume badly of the people." the advisor stumbled on his words nervously. "There is this one performance group who have lit up the depressed hearts of some citizens. Those who haven't smiled in centuries have finally felt their lips turn upwards because of their shows."

"And their name?" Mafuyu's frown deepened, her arms now crossed in a disapproving manner.

"Ah well..." the advisor's left hand dug in his small messenger bag and pulled out a piece of ripped paper. "Wonderland Showtime! Wait.. there's an X in the name. Do I pronounce that or-"

"You said it perfectly."

A voice echoed in the large room, bouncing off the fancy but ruined pieces of furniture before reaching the ears of the queen and the advisor. Mafuyu's head turned up and she stood up, the two separate movements happening at the same time and therefore becoming one.

"And who are you?" her tone was unwelcoming, matching the disgusted look on her face. Her arms stayed crossed while she stood up, helping her keep balance as her grand dress was hard to walk or stand in. Even breathe in! But she somehow manages it.

The voice's owner belonged to a smirking young man with mischievous yellow eyes. His purple hair was tied up, leaving a blue streak hanging off his head alone. He wore a strange multicoloured suit which stood him out from not just the castle, but the whole kingdom. And it wasn't just him, but the other three people which followed behind him, staring at the queen and the room curiously.

"Ah, s-so you must be the group I was just talking about!" the advisor let out a loud sigh and walked quickly to the group. "Please, come in."

He led the group further into the room, leaving them standing awkwardly in the centre and looking around.

"Wonderland Showtime." Mafuyu snarled, pronouncing each syllable carefully. She then let out a small huff before plopping down on her throne as she couldn't handle standing anymore from her poofy dress. "One chance." she said to her advisor quietly.

The royal advisor's eyes shut as he left out a loud sigh of relief. "Thank goodness." he whispered to himself. Then his eyes opened again and he nodded to the group, stepping back and getting into his usual smart posture beside the throne.

Dressed in a strange white top with some blue accessories and black pants, Tsukasa introduced himself as well as the rest of his group. Mafuyu found his voice loud but full of passion which made her frown soften and instead she leaned slightly forward in interest. The whole group interested her: the antagonist called Emu who was just as enthusiastic as Tsukasa, the quiet narrator Nene who had a gentle voice, the interesting main character Tsukasa with a very expressive face, and finally Rui who acted as the sidekick of Emu in the play.