~ Chapter Eighteen ~

I stood on the stage behind Paige. Alan stood to my right, gun in hand. I had my sword in its sheath. I wore my official Rebellion attire with jacket, but a gray t-shirt underneath. All of us did. Aaron wore what we did, only his gray was showing. Taryn tugged him on stage. She chained him to the ground.

"Rebels!" Paige rallied. "I have for you here a Squire." The Rebels cheered. "And a new leader. Lieutenant Ember Carter will step up as General. And as her first action, she's going to kill Corporal Aaron Pauley of Squire!"

I unsheathed my sword and stepped forward. Paige and Taryn backed away. I came up in front of Aaron and knelt down, leaning close to him. Our eyes met and they never looked away. I leaned closer until there was no space between us. I closed the gap, our lips meting. Gasps erupted from the Rebels.

"Ready, my love?" I whispered. He nodded. I stood up, walked behind him. I unsheathed my sword and raised it to my waist. "My name is Ember Carter. I shall be leader." I took off my jacket and black shirt, leaving my gray showing. "And this," I said, gesturing to Aaron with my blade. "Is my boyfriend." I cut his chains. He stood up. "Now, you see the people on gray? Meet my people, well, some..." I smirked evilly. "Initiate End Game!" Austin Carlile and about ten others walked in.

"Cabbage has arrived!!" He screamed. I laughed. Our people held the Rebellion at gunpoint.

"Austin. Come on up?" I smiled. He did as I asked. "Meet our power. Myself, Commander Ember Carter, and General Austin Carlile. Both with the same amount of power. I smirked. "Now let's go." We all walked out. Together. United as one force.