~ Chapter Fifteen ~

(POV: Ember.)

I showered and got dressed in my Rebellion uniform, including my black jacket with my badges on it. The badges were much similar to the old military's. I felt great to. I felt good, but I didn't feel home any more. Home is where the heart is. And my heart lies with Aaron. I sighed and fixed my jacket one last time before I started off to Paige's office. I knocked on the door. To my surprise, Alan walked out, a huge grin plastered on his face.

"Sergeant! Sergeant Alan Anthony Ashby!!" He shouted. "I HAVE BEEN PREMOTED!!!" I cheered with him and hugged him. "Good luck." He said squeezing me. He left me to deal with Paige alone. I took a deep breath and walked in.

"Take a seat." Paige sighed. I sat on one of the seats. "I am old. I don't want to die still running this operation. The mission was a test- a test you passed. Ember, I want you to take over a General. I was speechless.

"I-I'll take it." I accepted. Paige grinned.

"Training starts immediately. Come. We must visit our captive." We left her office. On the way, we talk. "Now, you're granted the same authority I have." She continued to go over things, but I wasn't listening. I was too excited to see Aaron.

We walk a in to see Aaron chained to the wall, an arrey of torture devices and my old friend who gets the lovely job of hurting people, Taryn.

"Ember!" She squealed, hugging me.

"Corporal Payley, I have some questions for you." Paige said.

"No." Defiance was clear in his voice. "I won't tell you a w-" Taryn had whip in her hands, a murderous look on her face, and a lash on Aaron's arm.

"As I was saying, what does Squire know about us?" Paige asked.

"That you're a-" A lash down his back.

"Two more." Paige requested. Taryn did so. "Thank you. Ill ask one more time. What does Squire know?"

"That your lieutenant over there," he started. "Is great... At fighting." He winked at me. I knew exactly what he was referring to. And when.

"Four lashes." Paige said as she started to pick her nails. She then knelt down in front of a panting Aaron. "Anymore smart remarks?"

He smirked. "No. A question." He looked up at me through his bangs that hung down in his face, over his eyes. "Who took your virginity?" Taryn started lashing him. Blood started to flow freely from his body. I could see the pain in his caramel brown eyes. I felt bile rise in my throat. I ran out and to a bathroom where I emptied the contents of my stomach. I left to Alan's room.

"Alan?" I asked as I knocked. I heard giggles and a "Go away!" I sighed. Alan was clearly with Alexis, his girlfriend. I knew Tay and Alex were busy, so I didn't bother. I walked down a path I knew oh so well.

It was a path I walked many times when I needed someone. The only one I could never shut out. The only one who never truly gave up on me. The one who would always listen. No matter the issues. He was there for me.

I knocked on the door. It flew ions to reveal a grinning tall, skunk haired man.

"Emmy!" He squeal.

"Jack!" He hugged me tightly.

"What's wrong, sweet girl?" He asked. Jack always knew when something was wrong. He brought me inside and sat me down on his couch. I always loved his room. Always so homey. I told him everything- from going to Squire, to throwing up. "Oh Ember."

"What do I do?" I asked, tears streaming down my cheeks. Jack out his arm around me.

"Follow your heart. Not your orders." He advised. "But you need help. You're gonna be Rebellion. You're gonna have to hate Squire, but you love Aaron. People will go against your wishes."

"I know. I have an idea." Jack nodded.

"Ember, I'll back you up with anything. Hey, wanna watch a movie?" He put in some movie. I quickly fell asleep, though. I was too worn from the long day.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

A/N: this chapter is dedicated to @GunsNRosesXP

Oh, and by the way, Shayley Bourget kinda followed my Twitter. *Crying and sobbing in joy*