~ Chapter Seven ~

CHAPTER SEVEN: ROCK OPERA 

POV: LIEUTENANT EMBER CARTER OF REBELLION 

"That's Sergeant Valentino to you, Squire!" That's what I woke to. I heard a smack. My eyes flew open. Tino was the one who slapped Aaron, and he was getting ready to do it again.

"Valentino!" I yelled. I got up and walked to him. "I out rank you, Sergeant. I am the commanding officer." My voice was loud and authoritative. "You will release Corporal Aaron Pauley of Squire now! Alan, key. Pauley's with me." Alan followed my orders, but Aaron didn't look happy about it, though.

Tino grumbled and packed up his stuff. Alan took Aaron to get ready and everything. I don't know what men do!

I brushed my hair, added my many knives, Rebellion ID, gun, and sword sheaths onto my belt, then loaded them. I popped a slice of gum into my mouth. When Alan and Aaron came back, Alan handcuffed Aaron to me, who now wore nothing but black, just like the rest of us. And dayum did he look good! He never failed to take my breath away.

"Oh, Lieutenant Carter! Stunning everyone with your black and sharp objects!" Alan joked.

"Can it, Ashby." I snapped jokingly.

He smacked my butt. "Anything for you, princess." He winked at me before walking off. I glanced at Aaron. Jealously was present in his beautiful eyes. I smiled a little before I laced my fingers with his. He glared at me.

"What? Jealous much?" I asked with a smirk. He ripped his hand from mine. "Yep. You love me." I decided, putting my free hand on my hip. 

He sighed. "You're right. I do. But I can't trust you." I nodded. 

"My darling commanding officer, I'll point out to you how you carry many knives and weapons easily accessible to the prisoner." Tino pointed out.

"As do you, Tino. Yet, the prisoner will not. He still hopes I am not Rebellion. He'll try to get me on the Squire side. Not to mention my belt has been modified to only open to my finger prints only." I reported. "Private, are we clear to go?" I asked Alan. He nodded. "Then, shall we men?"

At one, we stopped at a Neutral run safe house. Other members of the Rebellion were watching for Squires, so Aaron was allowed to not be handcuffed as to be allowed to move on his own under the close eye of myself or Alan. We all got showers, and ate. We thanked the Neutrals and left. 

We traveled more. I didn't want us to be weeks getting back. I wanted days. Around eight, Aaron was wearing out.

"What's wrong, Squire? Tired?" Tino taunted.

"Hey, leave 'em be, Tino. That's an order." I commanded. He mock surrendered and fell back into step with Alan. I was sick of Tino's attitude. He was one of the other's who's parents were killed on The Night of The Fallen. He despised Squire more than anyone I had ever met. And that is why he made me nervous.

At ten, I was practically carrying Aaron. His hair fell in his eyes from time to time, but he was too tired to notice. I gently brushed his fringe off of his face. He was too tired to notice my worried stare. I shook him a little to wake him up. He opened his eyes and looked around. I looked in his eyes and saw how sleepy he was. I sighed deeply.

"Guys, let's stop here." I said. Tino groaned and took off his backpack.

"Finally!" He said in relief. I undid the handcuffs, knowing Aaron was too tired to do anything. Alan worked on building a fire while Tino and I tended to getting sleeping places set up. Five minutes later, camp was set up, blankets laid out and a fire burning. I laid down beside Aaron, who had already fallen asleep,  after I discarded all my weapons. Alan then walked over.

"He's not going anywhere. He seems too tired and too content." Alan pointed out. I nodded.

"That's why I already undid the handcuffs." I said. I looked over at Aaron and gently brushed his fringe out of his face again. He looked so peaceful. 

"Good night, my so in love lieutenant." Alan smirked at me before walking back to his place by Tino. I sighed and laid my hair on Aaron's chest.

"Good night, Aaron." I whispered as I pushed his hair out of his face one last time. "I love you. Even if you don't believe me." I gently kisses his lips, and curled up beside him. I remember his arm wrapping around my waist as I fell asleep.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

A/N: Anybody want some Burnt Rutabaga? 'Cause that's what I am right now!

Stay Sassy,

The Rutabaga