Chairman of the Board

Aurora's POV

"Gio, am I dressed appropriately for meeting your father? I feel like I'm dressed for a meeting with the CEO." I say as I check my appearance in the mirrors of the elevator. He steps up behind me wrapping his arms around my waist, leaning his chin on my shoulder with his pantie dropping smile.

"Baby Girl you are meeting the CEO. " he laughs.

"Nobody likes a wise ass. I'm sorry, I'm just nervous." I look down at my gold heels and bight my bottom lip.  I chose a classic cream colored Faux wrap dress. It's a deep V neck line, but has long sleeve so I don't feel totally naked.

"Why, you've met my father before

"Why, you've met my father before. Not like its the first time." He steps to the side of me fixing his collar in the mirror.  His black on black fitted suit hugs him in all the right place.  And not a single hair out of place.  Pure perfection.

"But that was at his house, for a casual dinner

"But that was at his house, for a casual dinner. This is in his office, and I'll be working for your family now."

"It's not an interview baby. You already have the job. As my assistant and future wife." He pulls me to him. He's smiling so big today. He dips his head to give me a soft peck on my lips. He knows not to mess up my lip stick.

DING!

He releases me from his hold and grabs my hand as the elevator doors open, and pulls me along with him.

Walking through the hall to Mr. Marion's  office I watch the transformation next to me as he changes from my Gio to the Mafias Giovanni.   His shoulders square, his chin raised higher, his spine perfectly straight pushing his chest out.  Facial express gives nothing away.  He's all business.  And instead of hold my hand, now his hand just rests on my lower back to guid me.  He's so freakin sexy.

We come to a reception area.  Behind the blondes desk is a huge mahogany door that leads into Mr. Marion's office.

The Blond acknowledges us " you can go in Mr. and Mrs. Marino he's waiting for you. Gio simply nods and guides me through the door.

"There she is! Bambina! How are you!" He kisses both cheeks and wraps me in a tight hug.  He pulls away, my hands in his and he hold them out to our sides to take in my outfit,  " you look beautiful!"  A blush rises on my cheeks.

"Thank you so much Mr. Marino. You are looking very handsome yourself."  He waves me of  like I'm crazy. Holding on to my elbow he guide me to the dark brown leather sofa.

"Come, Bambina. Sit."  I do as he says.  Gio sits down next to me one arm rests on the back of the couch behind me the other hand's in his lap.  He lays his ankle on his knee to cross his legs.  His hand plays with my hair that's down my back.  Mr. Marino takes a seat in the over stuffed leather arm chair across from us.  "I'm so happy you've both decided to come work here."  For a mafia Don he's very bubbly.  I've never seen him any other way.  "I must admit Aurora, you intrigue me."  His face darkens a bit at his confession.   I swallow around the lump in my throat before I speak.

"How so Sir?"  I clasp my hands together in my lap to cover up the shaking that has started.   Gio, who misses nothing rubs my back to calm my nerves.

"I've only met one other woman who was so excepting of what we do as quickly as you.  And do you know what I did with her?"  I shake my head,  too afraid to my voice will betray me.   A corner of his mouth turns up into half of a smile, "I married her!" He laughs and slaps his knee. I release the breath caught in my throat and can now laugh along with him. 
"Jesus,  Mr. Marino.  You had me worried for a second there."  I bring the palm of my hand to my chest as if that could calm my racing heart.

His laughing stops as he sits back in his chair and crosses his legs. "Make no mistake Aurora, I am a monster.  But you have no reason to fear me.  I know the person you are in your heart.  That is why you are here."  He stands and walks to his mini bar grabbing three glasses.  "I'm good at reading people and situations," he picks up his crystal bottle containing scotch and begins to pour. "And I was able to see the love between you and my Giovanni."  He walks back give Gio and I each a glass before going back for his own and returning to his seat.  "It's the same love and loyalty I share with my wife."

Gio takes his arm from around my back to take my hand, intertwining our fingers and kisses my hand before resting it on his thigh. I look up at him and the amount of love that pours from his eye is immeasurable.

A knock sounds from the big mahogany door.

Mr. Marino turns his head towards the door, "enter."

The door opens as I place my scotch down on the glass table in front of me.  When I look up an Italian God is walking in. 'Holy moley'  tanned skin, black hair, dark brown eyes, his face and body chiseled by the Gods themselves.   His black suit is tailored to perfection. His white dress shirt has the top three button undone to reveal his chest and gold chain. Do all the men in this mafia look like this?

"Nico! Come!  Meet my future Daughter in law!"  Mr

"Nico! Come!  Meet my future Daughter in law!"  Mr. Marino stands and Gio and I follow suite. 
Gio steps forward smile on his face.

"Bro what's going on?" Gio says as he pulls Nico into a bro-hug. Obviously they are close.

"Nothing much Gi.  I see you have been busy!"  Gio laughs standing a side.  The look of pride on his face makes me blush when he turns back to introduce me.

"Nico, this is my Fiancé Aurora.  Aurora this is my best friend Nico Franzese". 

"Aurora" my name slips from his mouth so smooth. He bends down to kiss both cheeks before pulling me into a hug.  "Very nice to meet you."  He holds my hand raising it to the side to take me all in and turns his face in Gios direction "E fuori dalla tua portata, amico mio."  He smirks at Gio. 
Did he just tell him I'm out of his league??  I start to laugh and they all turn to look at me.

Nico looks at me with a raised brow, "Do you know what I said to him?" 

I squeeze his hand and smile. " I have to agree, I am out of his league."  Give him a wink when his jaw drops.  Gios smile widens and he pulls me from Nico's grasp. Spins me around so my back is to his chest and wraps his arms around my waist.

"I know bro, she's fucking perfect and she's all mine"  I giggle as he kisses my neck.

Mr. Marino's face goes from shock to a mischievous, as his smile grows. "She's our devil in disguise."