thirteen

⍣ ❁ ⁂ ٭

⍣ ❁ ⁂ ٭

The unexpected hug caught both you and Jungkook off guard, as neither of you were accustomed to such physical contact.

For a moment, there was a shared sense of hesitation in the air. Jungkook, surprised but not unwelcoming, tentatively reciprocated the embrace. The tension that had been building up within you seemed to dissipate in that unexpected connection.

"I...I needed this," you whispered, your voice betraying a vulnerability that hadn't surfaced during the chaotic family encounter. Jungkook, still processing the sudden intimacy, offered a comforting squeeze in response.

In the quiet of your apartment, amidst the remnants of the evening's emotional storm, an unspoken understanding lingered between you and Jungkook. The hug, unexpected as it was, became a silent reassurance that sometimes, comfort could be found in the most surprising moments. Moreover, the warm gesture served as a subtle way for both of you to communicate that the presence of the other hadn't left either of you unaffected.

"I'm glad you remember me." Jungkook said timidly as he broke the embrace, allowing you both to breathe out

You shook your head in amusement. "It's been a month and half, which in not that long in human time." you joked

Jungkook couldn't help but gaze at you for a moment, surprised to realize that he had indeed missed you.

As for you, you felt your heart lighten. He's finally here.

After your quiet yet intense reunion, you invited the young man to sit down in the living room. Jungkook followed you without a word, slightly disappointed not to have found the bag of chips that had been on his mind for some time, especially the barbecue-flavored one. He didn't even know how it was made, but that didn't stop him from craving it.

As he (re)discovered your living room, he was overcome with a wave of nostalgia. It was here that he had spent four or five— he wasn't sure— days testing the multitude of equipment that made up a human apartment, waiting for your return. It was here that he had spent hours talking to you, describing his world while trying to understand yours. It was here that he had discovered movies, series, and anime. It was here that he had bonded with you.

Jungkook had simply been fortunate to share an unforgettable (though not required) experience with you. And since then, his life had never been the same. He couldn't go back to his wizarding routine knowing that the Earth realm wasn't a legend and that people like you existed.

"You changed the carpet," he pointed out, eyeing the new low-pile one, which, he had to admit, was much less nice than the previous one.

You nodded without bothering to respond, gathering the cushions on one side of the couch to make room for him. Wasting no time, Jungkook sat down and sank into the seat. You did the same, leaning on the cushions while trying to ignore the discomfort.