nine

⍣ ❁ ⁂ ٭

⍣ ❁ ⁂ ٭

Thanks to a spell carefully noted by Hanee, Aachi's witch friend whom she hadn't heard from in six years, Jungkook managed to regain his powers. For the first time in too long, he felt complete, himself. The tips of his fingers tingled slightly, as if the returned magic encouraged him to act. However, he didn't have his wand, which limited his abilities. Fortunately, it wasn't necessary for the teleportation spell.

You had never found him as beautiful. He radiated, shone, and above all, seemed superhuman—which he was—, almost divine. He no longer had anything of the lost and worried young man. On the contrary, he seemed to be reborn as a charismatic and untouchable being.

A faint blue and violet glow enveloped his body, as if to reinforce his magical and special status. With starry eyes, Najmoon and you watched him with fascination, while your brother had taken a few steps back.

"I really thought you were crazy..." he let out. Jungkook cocked an eyebrow. Of course, this boy had never trusted him, and in a way, he understood why. He himself was wary of Rayane.

Aachi silently stared at the young wizard without realizing that tears were falling from her eyes. Upon noticing this, the said wizard ran into her arms without thinking.

"Aachi, are you okay?"

My old lady flashed a big smile, her eyes shining with a hint of melancholy. "I'm delighted. You can go home now."

He nodded, gently holding her by the shoulders. "I promise to find out what happened to Hanee, and I'll come to explain everything in person."

Your grandmother swallowed her fear of bursting into tears at the mention of her friend. From what little she knew, Hanee could be as well dead as alive. But the idea of her being alive terrified her even more. If that were the case, it meant she was in danger. Otherwise, she would have come back to see her. The opposite was impossible, not with the deep bond they shared. They were like sisters.

So, she simply nodded, grateful.

Immediately, Jungkook cast a worried glance at you, unsure of what to do now. The desire to teleport was strong, but he found it difficult to leave just like that. Parting from you so suddenly.

A lump formed in his throat as he intended to speak to you. Nothing came out. Instead, you breathed loudly as if you had been holding your breath until then.

"Let's rest." You were talking to yourself rather than others, but they could hear you.

Jungkook didn't fight. He could stay for one more night.

The next morning, you woke up at dawn. The night was not restful, but your body urged you to gather yourself. You couldn't miss Jungkook before his departure. Surely, he wouldn't leave without saying goodbye to you, right?