five

⍣ ❁ ⁂ ٭

⍣ ❁ ⁂ ٭

Jungkook and you were eating—more like devouring—the fried chicken you'd cooked earlier. As you expected, his first shower turned out to be a great experience, although it took you ten long minutes to explain how it worked, and five more for him to understand.

"You're an excellent cook!" He exclaimed as he swallowed a huge piece of chicken.

You laughed. "More salad?" he shook his head no "More for me, then."

The salad was basically there to lessen the guilt of eating junk food again. In some way, it cleared your conscience to witness someone else eat as much as you would. Especially a fit man like Jungkook. Watching him stuff his face with such envy was adorable, which made you wonder why people would make a disgusted face whenever you'd do the same.

"You have a huge appetite." You pointed out, amazed by the amount of food he had gulped down since the beginning of the meal. "Are you compensating for the whole time you were a wax figure?"

Holding a wing in one hand and licking the fingers of the other, Jungkook thought for a second. "Now that you say it... It's not unusual, though. My metabolism requires a lot of food to produce enough energy to match my power. I'm a feared wizard, you know?"

"Oh, couldn't tell." You answered with a small voice, suddenly intimidated. "Can you use magic here?"

"Not yet, unfortunately. I hoped eating would help."

"That explains the bags of crisps and the drinks."

The boy rubbed the nape of his neck, seemingly embarrassed. "I need to get my magic back and call my mentor. He'll know what to do."

Kim Seokjin mastered elemental magic with the ability to control water. In Nosha, no one ignored his name. Wizards, fairies, gnomes, elves, ghouls; you name it. Even the Gods knew him thanks to his heroic contribution during the Dust War. When Jungkook learned that Seokjin offered to mentor him, he thought of it as a joke. Although the young man had a good reputation among the wizards, he had nothing special. He was raised in a small village called Ushaal (located in the southeast of Nosha). His parents, Junha and Mina Jeon were both wizards, but their love for the flora and the fauna was stronger than anything. Thus, the both of them agreed to put the wizard's life behind to start a peaceful one alongside other nature lovers. Of course, their children were born with similar abilities. However, they were free to choose whether they'd use them or not.

The eldest, named Jana, was a professor of elemental magic at a renowned school in the Asanire region, which housed the highest number of sorcerers. Sanha, a bit younger, worked as a nurse. Her proficiency in healing spells aligned with the research of her twin sister, Sohee. Unlike her siblings, Sohee wasn't particularly proud of her magical abilities. She used a few harmless spells for everyday tasks but never bothered to study or seek improvement in her practice. Instead, she had set herself the goal of creating natural remedies based on the kingdom's vegetation.

She was the exact opposite of Jungkook, the young prodigy of the Jeon family. Although concerned for him, his parents quickly realized the extent of the young boy's powers. From a young age, the boy had shown a particular interest in the world of magic. So much so that his parents sent him to a specialized school, providing their only son with the opportunity to develop his abilities under the guidance of veteran magicians.

Reflecting on his homeland and all the magic that surrounded his world, Jungkook felt a pang in his heart. Here on Earth, he felt incomplete. His powers were missing, and he didn't know how long he could bear it.

"I hope your grandmother can help me."

You nodded calmly, sharing his wish.

⍣ ❁ ⁂ ٭

After a brief phone call with your grandmother, you informed Jungkook that you would visit her in two days. Not wanting to alarm her, you omitted revealing the wax figure's transformation to the old woman.

In the meantime, you had to continue going to work while Jungkook would be twiddling his thumbs at your place. The poor young man was in an unfamiliar world, alone, and deprived of his powers. You could at least try to make him comfortable. To do so, you decided to give him a tour of the apartment, explaining the purpose of most objects, especially the electrical ones. One of them caught his attention in particular: the television.

It was for this reason that you embarked on a Harry Potter movie marathon that evening. It was the first movie that came to mind when thinking about what might appeal to Jungkook.

"Gross." He coughed as a troll sneezed, liberating an enormous amount of green snot. "By the way, trolls aren't green. They're pink. And tiny. Who did that?"

What was supposed to be a fun movie night turned into a long night of complaints. Still, you did not hate it. It was actually amusing to listen to Jungkook and learn more about his world. According to him, J.K. Rowling and the directors had done their research poorly.

"What's their deal with broomsticks? Why bother flying on them when you can get around just with a spell?"

"We can't create food, that's impossible. Otherwise, famine wouldn't exist. That's stupid."

"A giant serpent? Please. None of them are even as long as my leg."

Nevertheless, he seemed to be having fun. He even thanked you for introducing him to these movies and made you promise to give them to him so he could show them to his mentor, who would most certainly enjoy them.

By the end of the third movie, you were starting to doze off on the couch. Jungkook, too engrossed in pointing out every unrealistic element, took a while to notice. As your slow breathing caused slight whistling sounds, he shook your shoulder to wake you up.

"Are you tired?" You frowned as your bloodshot eyes were enough to answer his question. However, he was expecting a verbal response.

"Yes, I am." You had to at least attend work the next day, and you needed some sleep. "Are you?" He shrugged, obviously not. You let a small sigh, raising from the couch. "You can watch other movies if you want to, or... wait."

You tried to teach him how to properly use Netflix—which took longer than expected—before heading to your room, receiving a warm "Good night!".

"Good night, Jungkook. And try to get some sleep."

With a kind smile, he nodded and watched you exit the living room.

Finally, on his own, the young wizard let out a heavy sigh.

Since his unexplained transformation, everything seemed confusing to him. Y/n's dwelling, although spacious, clean, and comfortable, couldn't compare to the comfort his home in Ushaal provided, surrounded by his parents and sisters. He missed his friends and his mentor as well. Even the thought of seeing vampires again made him happy. The man couldn't think of how long it had been since he saw any of them, which put him in a state of deep frustration. A month? A year? Perhaps a decade. He couldn't tell, but it felt too long anyway.

Stuck in an unfamiliar world drained him more than one would imagine. Nevertheless, Jungkook was reassured to have come across Y/n. Whether their meeting was meant to be or not, he felt grateful towards the one who, despite the absurdity of the situation, committed to helping him. Hopefully, with both her help and her grandma's, he could go back home.

🕯