Fractured: PT 2

"You're recovering physically but this relapse is discouraging. Come see me if you want to talk." The healer says as the group is with Jae after he arrived weak with Louis.

"I will." Jae says as the healer leaves.

"Relapse? From what?" Jessa asks.

"I think I know. You went back to Faerie didn't you?" Alexis asks with slight annoyance.

"Yes I did. I'm sorry but I really thought it would be different this time. That I would be different. But it wasn't. I wasn't. If the Eldest hadn't yanked me out of there I wouldn't have survived." Jae says as Alexis looks at him before looking away sadly.

"We're so glad you're safe." Max says.

"Is that where you found Louis?" Mischa asks.

"He was in New York looking for you." Jae says.

"For us? Why?" Jessa asks.

"He wants your help to destroy the Dragon King." Jae says.

"He what?" Jessa asks in shock.

*Timeskip*

"What do you think? Will it help figure out what kind of spell Kristov is using to get in and out of his cell?" Jessa asks as she and Mischa give Terra a bloody piece of fabric.

"Maybe create a counter-spell so he stays locked up?" Mischa asks.

"There are some powerful spells that can be done with a bit of blood. But it's gonna take research." Terra says.

"Alexis and I'll get started on research. You go help with combat training." Jae says as he and Alexis walk over.

*Timeskip*

"Feeling better?" Jae asks as he, Alexis and Terra are sitting together looking through books.

"Not really." Terra says.

"An honest answer. That's a good start." Jae says happily.

"Speaking of honesty how about the two of you. Neither of you has really been the same since you went to New York. Everything okay?" Terra asks as Alexis and Jae look at each other before looking away.

"It's complicated Terra. But to put it simply Jae and I just felt it's better to spend some time apart. Only hang out when necessary." Alexis says.

"Yeah. So don't worry about us. We'll be okay." Jae says as he looks at Alexis and sighs.

"Found something!" Terra says.

"What?" Alexis asks.

"It's a Magic Revelation Spell that uses blood. It seems pretty simple. I just need a few ingredients and a spell pot to cook it in." Terra says as she begins digging through the cabinets.

*Timeskip*

"We found the spell! It's prepped and ready to go. Now it just needs sometime in the sun to cook." Terra says as the group finds the others as she sets down the pot.

"And while Terra's spell is cooking take a look at this! We found it under the History of Escape Magic." Jae says as he hands Jessa a book.

"Five hundred years ago... a pair of Dragon-marked twin girls... used magic to escape from their Cloister." Jessa says in shock.

"There was a set of Dragon-marked twins before Jessa and Mischa?" Brax asks.

"Did you know about them?" Mischa asks.

"Yes of course. In fact I've been searching for them for years." Louis says.

"Why?" Mischa asks.

"I wanted their help to raise the Dragon King." Louis says.

"What? I thought Dragon-marked twins were evil." Jessa says.

"They're no more inherently evil than you are. They are Dragon-marked twins the same as you. And they would have been older and stronger. My plan would have a much better chance of succeeding with them. And I wouldn't have had to endanger children to do it." Louis says.

"We are not children!" Mischa says angrily.

"And we are sick of you treating us like we were!" Jessa says angrily.

"I understand I've insulted you both. I apologize." Louis says before he walks off as Jessa and Mischa step away and talk nearby before Jessa transforms into her dragon form and flies around.

"Wow!" Terra says.

"Finally." Fern says.

"She's beautiful." Alexis says.

"She's incredible! Go Jessa!" Mischa shouts as Brax shifts to dragon form and joins Jessa in the skies.

"It's ready! It's a False Appearance spell! Someone's using magic to pretend to be Kristov!" Terra says as the spell reveals Santra is the impersonator.

"Santra is the impersonator!?" Alexis asks in alarm.

"Santra's working with Kristov! She's been using magic to impersonate him. But why?" Mischa asks.

"To make people think Kristov is so powerful no cell could hold him!" Terra says.

"It's a good recruitment strategy. People want to follow leaders who are powerful... invincible." Fern says.

"The Enforcers are coming today to take Kristov to the Supernatural Prison! If Santra wants to help him escape then she's gotta do it today! Find Jessa! Tell her Free Range Kristov isn't Kristov it's Santra!" Mischa says.

"On it!" Terra says as she, Alexis, Jae and Fern run off to find Jessa.