Christmas

Jasmine's POV

Harry, Ron and Hermione seem to be keeping a secret from me. I don't know what though. But I'm sure if it was important, they'd tell me.  Anyway, not a lot has happened since the quidditch match. Though the other three seem to be spending a lot of time in the library. More then required anyway. Hermione I understand, she's a bookworm. But why Ron and Harry?

I'd finished my essay on animagi for my dad not long after the quidditch mach. He hasn't given me permission to get the book. In fact he hasn't brought it up since I gave him the essay. And I don't want to bring it up, encase he thinks I'm nagging. He has been teaching me the patronus charm and I know I haven't made as much progress as he'd like.  I think he hoped I'd be able o make a corporeal patronus now. But I can't, it still doesn't have a shape. I promised to think up some more happy memories over the Christmas break.

Anyway, I'm going home to spend Christmas with mum as planned. Hermione is also going home to spend Christmas with her parents. Ron was going to go home, but his parents decided to visit his brother Charlie in Romania. He's studying dragons there. Only started there this year after graduating Hogwarts, he was the one who noticed the egg was missing. Don't know if they've found it yet, I'll ask mum about it when I get home.

I am having dinner with dad as planned. Lady is with us. Chilling by the fire. As promised dad had a Christmas tree. Which we decorated together before sitting down to enjoy dinner. "How's the leg?" I ask him. I noticed he'd hurt it.

"It's healing fine" he assures me.

"You should have gone to Madame Pomfrey" I tell him.

"So should have you when you passed out after the quidditch match" he states.

"I didn't pass out, I just fell asleep from using to much magic energy" I tell him. "Why can't we tell Harry you were helping him?" I ask him.

"I have a reputation to up hold" he states.

"Any idea who jinxed the broom?" I ask him.

"A few, none that concern you" he states. "Focus on your studies" he tells me. I nod my head. Dinner was nice and it's time to exchange gifts. I hand him his first. "It's a blank book" he states.

"I thought you could use it to write down how you make potions you alter the instructions for. Maybe even publish your altercations" I suggest.

"Thank you, I shall take your suggestion into consideration" he tells me. He hands me my gift. "Merry Christmas" he says. I open it and gasp. "It's my copy, I believe you are serious about wanting to become an animagus. But there are some rules" he tells me.

"Of course" I tell him.

"I shall oversee the making of the potion and be there when you transform the first time" he states.

"Sounds fair, what else?" I ask him.

"I will supply the ingredients and no one is to know you are attempting this" he states. I bite my lip avoiding his eyes. "Who have you told?" he asks me.

"Just Hermione" I say sheepishly. "She offered to help" I state.

"Fine, but no one else and she must tell no one" he tells me. I nod my head. "Now I want you to wait until the summer between your second and third year to start the potion" he states.

"What? Why?" I ask him.

"Because this is dangerous and I want to ensure you have mastered the spell before we start" he states. "If you attempt to do this without me I will tell your mother about the troll" he tells me.

"Fine, I'll wait" I assure him. The rest of the night was uneventful. Dad escorted me and Lady back to Gryffindor tower. Wished me a good night.

(Next day)

Hermione and I said goodbye to the other two. She mentioned something about the restricted section as I walked away. I wonder why they'd want to read a book from there? What are they researching? Maybe Hermione will tell me on the train.

"We're trying to find out information on a guy called Nicolas Flamel, but have had no luck" she states.

"You won't find the answer in the restricted section" I tell her with a giggle.

"You know who he is?" she asks me.

"Of course I do" I say with a smile.

"Will you tell me who he is?" she asks.

"Nope, but I will give you a clue" I tell her. As we pull into Kings Cross Station. "Read Dumbledore's chocolate frog card" I tell her. She frowns in confusion.

"Why not tell me?" she asks.

"You won't tell me why you want to know who he is. Trust works both ways Hermione. If you and the other two don't trust me. Then I will not trust you with all the information" I tell her.

"Ok, that's fair" she states. We grab our luggage and disembark with Lady. I spot mum talking to Hermione's parents. "Mum, dad!" Hermione shouts.

"Mum!" I shout and we race over to our parents. I hug mum tightly and she returns it. "I've missed you" I tell her.

"As I have missed you" she tells me. "The Grangers invited us to their house for lunch Boxing ay" she states.

"Guess I'll see you then Hermione" I say with a smile.

"Have a good holiday before then" she tells me. We hug and then go our separate ways. Mum takes me home. It was great to be home, I've missed mum's house. Nothing against dad's house, it just doesn't have the same feel as mum's house. Lady immedaitely grabs her favourite ball an starts to run around with it.

"So have you found it yet?" I ask her.

"No, but sources say it's in the UK" she states. "I pray whoever has it, is taking good care of it. It's due to hatch in April is looked after right" she tells me.

"How is Charlie Weasley doing in Romania?" I ask.

"Oh he is really gifted when it comes to dragons. Very knowledgeable" she states. "He's offered to take care of the egg when it's found and ensure it's safe rehabilitation before being released" she explains.

"That's good" I state. "By the way, happy Christmas" I say handing her her gift.

"It's beautiful" she states. It's a scrap book of my first year at Hogwarts so far. "I hear you are doing really well in lessons from your father" she states.

"Thanks, though I had two amazing teachers before starting school" I state.

"Speaking of teaching, I hear your father is teaching you the patronus charm" she states. "I will help you during break" she tells me.

"I'd love that" I tell her. She hands me her gift for me. I open it and gasp. "Is this a real dragon opal?" I ask her in awe.

"Yes" she says as she puts the necklace around my neck. "I acquired it in Romania" she states.

"I love it" I tell her. Lady whines and barks getting our attention. We chuckle. "We haven't forgotten you" I assure her. As Mum hands her a box, she rips the wrapping paper off. Then lifts the lead off of the box with her snout.

"What a clever girl" mum praises and Lady wags her tail happily. I take out her new collar. "The Malfoys had the diamonds added" she tells me as I put the collar on Lady. Originally it was all bronze studs.

"Well she seems to approve" I state as Lady runs over to the mirror. We open the rest of the gifts. Lady got her own knitted sweater from Mrs Weasley, it matches mine in colour. We got sweets and Lady got some dog treats. She even got a couple new toys. Christmas break with mum was great. We had lunch with Hermione and her family. Dad even visited for new years eve. But our time had to come to an end. She had to get back to her search for the dragon egg and I had to return to school.

A/N

Pictures above of Lady's new collar and Jasmine's gifts from her parents.