Harry's 1st Quidditch Match

Jasmine's POV

As they entered November, the weather turned very cold. The mountains around the school became icy gray and the lake like chilled steel. Every morning the ground was covered in frost. Hagrid could be seen from the upstairs windows defrosting broomsticks on the Quidditch field, bundled up in a long moleskin overcoat, rabbit fur gloves, and enormous beaverskin boots.

Anyway, it's been just over a week since the troll incident and my detentions are over. And just in time for Harry's first Quidditch Match ever. He's dad used to be on the team, granted he was a chaser and Harry is a seeker. But playing is in his blood and I know he'll do great. I've already done all of my homework so that I can focus on enjoying the game and celebrating with Gryffindor when our team wins.

Speaking of studying. It was really lucky that Harry is now friends with Hermione. He would never have gotten through all his homework without her. What with all the last-minute Quidditch practice Wood was making them do. She had also lent him Quidditch Through the Ages, to read. She also helped Ron with homework. While I focused on mine, not needing help.

The Great Hall was full of the delicious smell of fried sausages and the cheerful chatter of everyone looking forward to a good Quidditch match. But Harry refuses to eat. "You've got to eat some breakfast" I tell him matter of factly.

"I don't want anything" he states.

"Just a bit of toast" Hermione suggests.

"I'm not hungry" he lies.

"You are a terrible lair Harry" I state.

"Harry, you need your strength" Seamus tells him. "Seekers are always the ones who get clobbered by the other team" he states. I glare at him.

"You'll be great Harry" I assure him.

"How can you be so sure?" he asks me.

"Your dad was on the team back in his day" I state.

"Really?" he asks shocked.

"Yep" I say.

"He was seeker?" he asks.

"A chaser, but he was an amazing player and you'll be great" I assure him. He gives me a small smile. But he still didn't eat before the match. I'm sitting with Hermione and Ron as the teams walk out onto the pitch. The commentator introduces everyone from both teams and Madame Hooch has the captains shake hands. And the game began.

"And the Quaffle is taken immediately by Angelina Johnson of Gryffindor -- what an excellent Chaser that girl is, and rather attractive, too" Lee states. He is the commentator and also a friend of the Weasley twins.

"Jordan" McGonagall snaps.

"Sorry, professor" he says sheepishly. "And she's really belting along up there, a neat pass to Alicia Spinnet, a good find of Oliver Wood's, last year only a reserve, back to Johnson and, no, the Slytherins have taken the Quaffle, Slytherin Captain Marcus Flint gains the Quaffle and off he goes. Oliver blocks the hoop and Gryffindor regain the quaffle.

"Chaser Katie Bell of Gryffindor there, nice dive around Flint, off up the field and. OUCH! That must have hurt, hit in the back of the head by a Bludger. Quaffle taken by the Slytherins, that's Adrian Pucey speeding off toward the goal posts, but he's blocked by a second Bludger. Sent his way by Fred or George Weasley, can't tell which. Anyway, and Johnson back in possession of the Quaffle, a clear field ahead and off she goes. Dodges a speeding Bludger, the goal posts are ahead. Keeper Bletchley dives, misses, GRYFFINDORS SCORE!" Lee announces.

All us gryffindors cheer while the slytherins moan their disappointment. Hagrid appears and joins. Sitting between me and the other two. But I don't mind, focused on the match. "Chaser Pucey ducks two Bludgers, two Weasleys, and Chaser Bell, and speeds toward the -- wait a moment -- was that the Snitch?" Lee asks.

A murmur ran through the crowd as Adrian Pucey dropped the Quaffle, too busy looking over his shoulder at the flash of gold that had passed his left ear. Both seekers dive after it. When it become clear Harry would get their first with the surperior broom. Marcus Flint had blocked Harry on purpose, and Harry's broom spun off course, Harry holding on for dear life.

"Foul!" I scream with the other gryffindors. As everyone loses sight of the snitch. Madam Hooch spoke angrily to Flint and then ordered a free shot at the goal posts for Gryffindor. Alicia scores the penalty with ease and game resumes.

"Dunno what Harry thinks he's doing" Hagrid mumbles after a while. He stared through his binoculars. "If I didn' know better, I'd say he'd lost control of his broom. But he can't have" he states. I frown in confusion and look up. To see Harry's broom trying to buck him off.

"Did something happen to it when Flint blocked him?" Seamus asks.

"Can't nothing interfere with a broomstick except powerful Dark magic. No kid could do that to a Nimbus Two Thousand" Hagrid states. So it has to be an adult, but who? Hermione seized Hagrid's binoculars, but instead of looking up at Harry, she started looking frantically at the crowd. While I try to think of a way to help Harry and remember the counter curse dad had taught me.

I draw my wand and point it at Harry. Who is now hanging by his hands as the twins fly under him. Keeping eye contact with Harry's broom and I start to mutter the counter curse. Not noticing Hermione leave the stand. As I try to keep the broom study, I feel something fighting me. But also something helping me. But whatever was fighting us, was strong and dark. I could feel it draining me.

"Come on, Hermione" I hear Ron say desperately. I feel the person stop fighting and Harry regain control of his broom. I stop muttering the counter curse and sag into my chair feeling tired. Up in the air, Harry was suddenly able to clamber back on to his broom. Not long after Harry catches the snitch, ending the match.

"You ok Jasmine? You look pale" Hagrid states.

"I feel tired" I mutter my eyes fluttering.

"Do you need the nurse?" he asks.

"Just sleep" I state.

"Percy, can you have Jasmine taken back to the castle. She'd dead tired" Hagrid states. Percy nods and calls the twins over. They half carry me to the tower as I could barely keep my eyes open. They laid me on the couch in the common room and Lady jumps up beside me.

"Sleep Jasmine" Fred tells me.

"We'll wake you later for dinner" George adds. I mumble a thank you and fall into a dreamless sleep. Feeling someone drape a blanket over Lady and I.

A/N

Picture above of Professor Quirinus Quirrell and picture on the external link of the Gryffindor Quidditch Team.