9

Seven days after.

Hanni finally got discharged from the hospital her condition is better now while her arm is still covered with plaster cast and healing. She's still confused with everything trying to re-create and re-learn everything she learnt before. Of course it's a struggle for her and you can see how frustrated she is.

"Hey!" An unfamiliar girl for Hanni ran towards her. "I heard that you got into an accident, are okay now??"

What did she say? Whatever, it's not important anymore. She's probably no one.

And so Hanni continued to walk. "YAH! Hanni! Just give me a sign!" Minji sighed and then grabbed Hanni's arm. "I found about you now. You... you can't hear me, right? But you can read lip, yeah? Do you understand me?" Huh?? Is she my girlfriend or what? Hanni's mouth slightly opened as if there's something she will say but nothing happened.

"I- here.. I know I can't understand sign language yet but I want to know your answer." Minji wrote down and shared it with Hanni. 'I found out that you had an earring loss and got into an accident, are you sure you're okay now?'

Hanni wrote down back 'Yes I am very sure. Who are you?'

Minji's situation suddenly turned upside down after reading the last sentence. "You.... can't remember me?" Hanni understood what she said and nodded in reply.

"She had an amnesia." Danielle appeared from Minji's back locking her arm with Hanni, a smile immediately creeped into Hanni's mouth as soon as she saw Danielle and clung to her.

"She... what?"

"You heard it right Minji, now you know can you stop approaching her anymore? You will just make her life miserable like you did to Yuna."

Minji frowned, "Excuse me? You're just a newbie here, you know nothing."

"I'm not anymore, I've heard a lot about you and for your information, it's been a weeks when I transfered here." Danielle rolled her eyes then walked passed her with Hanni. She's no different from others, she believes to rumors that is false. What a shame.

Hanni took out her phone and typed: Who's that?

Dani 🐶: She's Kim Minji, the popular girl here. You two always annoy each other back then, that's what I observed.

Pham cutie: Really? That's cute but it's in the past now.

Dani 🐶: Yeah I know..

Pham cutie: Let's just head on our class, I changed my mind now.

Dani 🐶: Alright!

'

Hanni had left Danielle in the classroom and went up to the rooftop. All I need right now is some fresh air and peace of mind because the world is really confusing me and I'm dying thinking about it. My condition even made it difficult for me.

Hanni's eyes is closed, letting the wind hit her skin and blow her hair.

"Having your me time?" A guy spoke from behind but Hanni didn't move even a bit.

"Oh right, you're deaf." He chuckled at his own words, he approached Hanni after that offering her with a pack of cigarettes and that's when Hanni noticed him.

And now who's this guy? I came here to have a peaceful time but another distraction spawned.

Hanni shook her head signaling the guy that she doesn't smoke. "Oh you don't? What an innocent girl. Girls these generation usually do smoke, drinks, and party. But seems like you're different from them, or maybe you're just pretending to protect your public profile?"

Whatever this guy is saying, it doesn't matter anymore.

"They are right, communicating is really hard, specially for people who's deaf."

The guy sighed leaning against the metal bar joining Hanni. He also took out his phone then showed it to Hanni's face after typing.

My name is Yang Jungwon. From class D.

Hanni looked at Jungwon confusedly, she grabbed the phone from Jungwon's hand and typed back.

Do I know you?

And with the use of cellphone they started their conversation.

No, you don't. I'm a stranger for you.

Yeah, obviously.

Do you really not remember anything?

Everything. It's giving me so much stress.

I see. You should not pressure yourself, specially that you just got out from the hospital.

How do you know if you're just a stranger?

Just heard it.

I seem popular in this school haha.

Yeah I guess? You're the hot topic today. Some is making some fake rumor about you and other talking shits.

Wow, I didn't knew that I own many dogs.

Jungwon giggled with her answer.

Silly.

Am I?

I just said it.

I didn't heard it 🤷‍♀️

Minji was right, you like teasing.

You know Minji too?

Yeah.

Who is she to you?

A friend.

You sure? Not a 'Special friend'~ ✌

Of course not! She's a long-time friend of mine!

Impossible that you didn't have a crush on her. She's fine though...

Maybe I had, but it was in the past now!

I knew it~

And what about you? Do you have a crush on her?

Yah! 👎

Oh you don't?

She's maybe a friend?

That's sad, she seems to like you~

What?

You're not blind too aren't you?

I'm not! You get what I said! I'm serious, what do you mean?

The way she acts, it's new for us her friends.

Maybe it's her new year new me, don't be like that it isn't funny, Jungwon.

Okay, sorry if I made you uncomfortable.

It's fine, you didn't anyway.

Do you have any interest to Minji by the way? Like I mean befriending with her?

I plan to.

Jungwon smiled disappointed.

That'll be cool. It will gonna be easy for you since she has an interest to be friends with you.