Stacks of Question

CH. 18

Stacks of Questions

Trigger Warning: might contain suicidal thoughts or ideas.

After the 'incident' last night, Erwin dropped Hange off at her home then he went back to his own. There was a weird awkward atmosphere between them since that night, the blondie also stopped engaging in conversation with her on their way home.

Though awkward, Hange tried messaging Erwin after she arrived at her home. She asked if he's home yet and also thanked him for today. She also admitted that she had fun that night but inside she felt embarrassed and a little disappointed because of that 'incident'.

"I'm sure he was trying to.. ki-." She immediately closed her mouth while blushing madly.

She glanced to the right and left, making sure no one was near her. Thankfully the only student who was on the sidewalk with her was 5 feet away from her. She sighed.

Hange was on her way to the school. She woke a little late but she managed to speed walk her way to the train station before, leaving her some extra time before the school bell rang.

She glanced up to the blue sky and took a deep breath.

Is it because I smell bad? He's not trying to play around with my feelings is he? A rush of disappointment suddenly fills her inside.

She pinched her cheek, looking forward to where she's going again.

Ugh no no no stop! Erwin's not that type of person!... right?

..Also.. Why am I disappointed that the kiss didn't happen? We're friends! Nothing more, nothing less.. In any case, I should be happy it didn't happen! Imagine the awkwardness I should go through if we ever had feelings for each other!.. It's not like I have feelings for him too hahahaha!

Aha yes! Positive thinking!! She yelled in her mind, her face scrunched into an excited emoji.

Hange decided to check her phone. She went to the chatting app and as she was about to message Levi, the blondie's name appeared on her notification bar. She froze for a little while. She finally decided to open the blondie's message. Turns out Erwin just replied to her message that she sent last night but something odd was there in his message.

Erwin was answering her with short, brief answers like "yes, I've arrived" and "Sure."

It felt distant.

Hange wanted to message him again but in the end she decided not to as she tried placing positive thoughts on her mind.

Last night we came home late.. Maybe he's tired!

Hange locked back her phone and placed it back into her pockets. She continued to walk happily towards the school gate.

It didn't take her long to reach the school gate. She headed straight to her lockers and changed her outdoor shoes with her indoor ones. She then placed her bag and took out the notes and books she needed for the first period. After she did that, she locked her lockers back, went up the staircase, and into her classroom 2A. The school bell rang as soon as she arrived.

"Moorninggg~" She greeted as soon as she came in.

Some of her classmates replied back, some others just smiled at her. She finally reached her seat and placed her books on her desk.

"Morning Erwi-." She turned to the seat behind her only to find an empty seat.

There were no books, no bag, nothing on Erwin's seat. She blinked then checked the clock. It was 06.30 AM, usually that man would arrive at 06.00 AM. It's quite odd seeing his desk so empty in the morning.