Strong but Powerless (3)

CH. 12

Strong but Powerless (3)

"I'm.. so- sorry Alex, the- chocolate flavoured one was out of stoc-"

"Ohh is it??!! Then YOU COULD'VE BOUGHT IT ON LUNCH TIME COULD YOU HUH??!!" The boy named 'Alex' shouted, he took the donut that was on the ground and threw it again to the blondie.

"Ugh Whatever, you're useless Armin Alert." he kneeled down in front of Armin and grabbed Armin's uniform collar.

"Since you still have a study session.. I won't beat you up now.. But.-" Alex pulled Armin's collar.

"Did you do what I've told you before? About getting my paperwork from Ms. Faustine lab?-"

"I.. It's not there, I.. I di-"

PLAK

Alex slapped the blondie's left cheek. Erwin thought he had seen enough. He then stepped back a little from where he hid.

"Armin!" He shouted, calling out for the underclassmen.

He waited a little and finally Armin showed up. Erwin noticed the redness on Armin's left cheek. He stared at the underclassmen, worried. As Armin noticed Erwin was worried, he lifted his left hand as it started scratching the red area.

"Ahaha, this? I'm alright. It's just a little bit itchy here." Armin continued to scratch his left cheek.

"Oh I see." Erwin replied.

"Come, Mr. Zed's waiting for us." Erwin put his arm around Armin's shoulder and led the underclassmen to class 1A. Once in a while he tried looking back making sure the boy 'Alex' didn't follow them.

As they arrived at the classroom, Erwin led Armin back to his chair. Then sat beside him, on his chair.

"Where's Mr-"

"Does it hurt?" Erwin asked.

".... Did.. You see?-" Before Armin got to turn his head to see Erwin, Erwin stopped him.

"Don't try looking back at me." Erwin said immediately, he tilted his head a little bit, pointing at the CCTV.

Erwin stood up and walked to the window to open the curtain, letting the dim sunlight enter the classroom. He looked outside the window, facing away from the CCTV in the classroom.

"Close your mouth with your hands as you speak." He ordered.

"That way, we don't look like we're chatting." Armin lifted his hand in a gesture that made him look as if he was thinking which closed his mouth in a natural way.

The place where that happened it's not a place that's free from CCTV. This person 'Alex' must've somehow managed to get away with this kind of behaviour, how?... Erwin thought.

"Alex right? What class he's from? Can you tell me his homeroom teacher and surname-"

"Don't please."

There was a brief silence between them.

"Is he holding something dear to you as hostage? Is that why you-"

"Just.. Can you act as if you didn't see anything?" Armin asked.

"Do Eren and Mikasa know?"

"... no.."

"He's wrong to treat you like that. Moreover, he's a member of the disciplinary committee?"

"-Don't get me wrong Armin Alert, I'm simply worried because the fact that he's a member of an important aspect of this school and is misusing it."