Chapter 13: I'll Be Here

Word Count: 435

Warnings:

- None

The next morning during breakfast, Y/n was eating breakfast with her family as her mother broke the silence. "So, that Kyle boy?" She said as she wiggled her eyebrows.

"Mom, he's just my friend, plus Brady likes him." Y/n said as Brady sent her a defeated look. Lisa ignored her remark about Brady.

"Well, from the look of Kyles face, I think he likes you." She told Y/n and she shook her head.

"No he doesn't. I mean, I've helped him a couple times and we sit together in some classes and we talk to each other through our window and we walk to school together and I've eaten lunch with him before, but that's It." Y/n explained.

"Well, you can think like that but keep in mind what I'm saying." Lisa told her as she grabbed everyone's empty plate and put it in the sink.

Well, we kissed, but that was a heat of the moment sort of thing. He was injured and we were alone in a locked room. It was pity...right?

-

Y/n walked out the front door and waited for Kyle on the steps of her porch. As he walked through the door of his house, he met her eyes almost immediately. She stood up and began walking beside him. As usual the walk was mostly silent, until Y/n broke it. "Your face is scabbing up."

"Yeah, that's probably a good thing." Kyle said as he put his hand to his face, he looked like he was going to scratch it. Y/n quickly grabbed his hand and pulled it down.

"Don't scratch it." She told him with concern in her voice. "It'll bleed more, and it might scar. Well, it's going to scar a little anyway but I wouldn't want it to be any worse."

"You wouldn't want it to be worse?" He questioned your wording.

"Oh, well I wouldn't." She answered as she looked down.

"It's nice to see you care." He said with a smartass smirk.

"Don't start with that..." Y/n replied sort of embarrassed and looked down. Kyle's hand met hers and he held it. Though Y/n quickly pulled her hand away, stopped walking and turned to Kyle. "Don't." She said softly. "I don't know what is going on between us."

"I thought you liked me." He said. "You kissed me..."

"It was a heat of the moment sort of thing." Y/n responded. "But I do like you, but I also don't know how to feel."

"That's fine." Kyle said and she was a little confused. "Whenever you are ready, I'll be here."