Chapter 6: Alone Together

Word Count: 1198
Warnings:
- Drinking
- Swearing
- Mentions of sex

Y/n had gone upstairs to go to the bathroom, also to try and avoid the loud music for a little while. Everything was clean upstairs, unlike most of downstairs that's been trashed. She thought about what Kenny said, living life and drinking and having sex and all the typical things people her age did. I'm not going to be pressured into doing anything, but it's not a bad thought to start looking.

She headed back downstairs after her time in the bathroom. Everything seemed a little more chaotic than it was before. She'd only been gone 10 minutes. As she made it to the crowds of people, she searched for someone familiar, she was successful though they were all busy. Nicole and Tolkien were dancing and doing what couples do when drunk and happy. Stan was with Wendy, Kenny was with whoever he managed to pick up that night, Cartman was talking with Clyde, Tweak and Craig were cuddling on the couch, everyone had someone.

No one was standing alone watching over the crowd in search for someone like them, because they had already found that person. Y/n's eyes scanned the crowd more, though it was hard, she found a set of wandering green eyes just as they found hers too. It was Kyle, he looked a little drunk but nothing like everyone else. She began to walk over too him.

"Drunk yet?" She asked him as she stood beside him, leaning on the wall he was.

"A little, but I'm pacing myself." He answered and took another sip of his drink. "You got anyone to hang out with?" He asked her.

"I was just thinking about that." She answered. "If you look around, everyone's got someone, Whether their dancing or kissing or drinking, no one's alone. Well, not everyone..."

"Yeah I get it. Watching everyone find their person and not being able to find yours, makes you feel a little pathetic." Kyle answered as he looked out at the crowd.

"We are a little pathetic." Y/n chuckled and so did Kyle.

"We'll, we can't dance together, we're definitely not kissing and you don't drink, but we can stand alone at parties together." Kyle suggested.

"That sounds pretty pathetic, but I wouldn't want to stand alone at parties alone." Y/n said causing Kyle to chuckle.

"I like being pathetic." Kyle answered with a very small smirk. Y/n noticed this but didn't make a big deal out of it.

"We can be pathetic, even if it's only for a little while." Kyle nodded in response, and slung an arm over her shoulder. He had never really done anything like this before, though it was a little weird, Y/n leaned into it a little. It felt weird, but in the best way possible. That's a little pathetic.

"Your not too bad, I suppose." Kyle said in a quieter tone than before since she was closer to him. She got chills, he was very close to her, which was odd since the closest they've ever been is when they were fighting. She hummed in response and leaned into him a little more, he didn't mind much though.

They were having a sweet moment. It may only be out of loneliness, or maybe in all that loneliness there's something there. Something small, something almost unnoticeable, but once you fall on it, that's when you feel it, like someone poured boiling water into your stomach and now your whole body was warm and fuzzy. Sometimes it hurt a little, but that's just because they weren't used to it as much as everyone else.

Kyle started to slide down the wall a little. Y/n followed as they both ended on the ground. Their legs straight out in front of them, Kyles arm over
Y/n's shoulder, Y/n's head falling on his and Kyles head leaning back into the wall. They both stared out into the crowd, taking in the others touch.

"What's your favourite colour?" Kyle asked randomly.

"What?" Y/n chuckled a little at the question.

"What's your favourite colour?" He asked again, a little more life in his voice.

"Oh, maybe F/c." She answered softly and he nodded. "What's yours?"

"Green." He answered quickly. The feeling that surrounded the both of them was odd. They were enjoying each other's presence. Conversation wasn't very important for them, despite the fact they hadn't liked each other very much, after being someone's neighbour for a while, you learn a thing or two about the person.

"What's your least favourite colour?" Y/n asked him.

"Red." Kyle answered quickly again.

"Red, like your hair?" Y/n asked again.

"Especially like my hair, that's why I hate it, I hate my hair." Kyle answered and turned away in slight embarrassment.

"I like your hair." Y/n told him softly. His head swung to face hers so quickly you wouldn't have noticed it moved. He looked at her with wide confused eyes, like a deer in headlights. "It's probably a fucker to take care of and even though it is kinda messy, I still think it suits you." His expression didn't change. They stared at each other for a moment. "I'll go get you another drink." Y/n stood up as she grabbed the empty cup from his hand.

Kyle sat there, slightly stunned. Never in his life would he have thought anyone would compliment his hair. He hated it, with a passion, but she saw something else. Maybe if she could see it, he might be able to too. If he tried hard enough.

Y/n came back with his drink, she knew what he was drinking from when she tasted it before. She sat back down, this time not as close to him and handed him the drink. "Did you mean it?" Kyle asked. "About my hair?"

"Yeah, I did." She answered as he turned away from her.

"Really truly?" He asked again.

"Really truly." She answered and knocked his hat off his head. His red curls came out. His curls had died down from when he was younger, they weren't as tight and didn't form an afro, though they were prominent. He generally pushed the front of his hair back when he put them in his hat to keep them out of the way. When his hat would come off, the front part of his hair would stick up awkwardly since it was tucked into a hat for hours on end. Y/n fixed the front part of it and a few stray pieces here and there.

"There you go." She said as she moved back to see what it looked like. "Not as messy." Kyle looked away and gripped his hat in his hand.

"Thanks..." He told her softly as he avoided eye contact and took a sip of his drink once more. They say by each other for the rest of the night, not saying much or getting as close as they did before, but it was better than being alone. They were being alone together and it was pathetic, the best kind of pathetic.