Chapter 12: Broflovski Dinner

Word Count: 1100
Warnings:

- None

That night, Y/ms family was knocking on the Broflovski's door for dinner. It was maybe the worst night or the best night to do so. The kiss they shared wasn't planned and Y/n  tried to convince herself it was out of pity, she tried to convince herself that she didn't really like him. Kyle on the other hand was very excited for dinner, he excepted the fact he liked he right after the kiss. It happened and it felt right to him, though the feeling he had still wasn't clear.

Sheila invited them in with a welcome smile and showed them to the table. Her mother, Lisa sat next to Sheila. Ike sat next to Gerald and Brady, and Y/n sat next to Kyle.  The dinner was going well, their parents were getting along, the food was great and Brady couldn't keep her eyes off Kyle. Y/n noticed her scribbling something on a piece of paper. She then handed it toe  her, and it read:

Is Kyle single? If not, put in a good word for me ;)

Y/n rolled her eyes as Kyle tried to peek over her shoulder at it. "Eyes off, you." Y/n said as she moved it away.

"One peek won't hurt, right?" He said with a chuckle as he moved closer.

"One peek will hurt." She chuckled back as she put a hand on his chest to keep him away. This didn't stop him though, he kept leaning towards and Y/n kept leaning back. They continued this until the chair fell out from under Y/n and she fell, landing on her back. Unfortunately, she took Kyle with her and he fell right on top.

"Kyle! Where are your manners?" Sheila yelled across the table.

"Oh, don't worry Mrs Broflovski." Y/n assured. "It's quite alright." She chuckled as Kyle quickly got up and held his hand out to let her up. She straighten his hat as it was very poorly sitting on his head. He in return, fixed a chunk of her hair that was very out of place. They sent each other an awkward smile then sat back down. Brady sent her a look of: Oh, I know what's going on. With a stupid smirk. Y/n kicked her from under the table and gestured with her head that Kyle was right next to her.

-

The remainder of dinner went smoothly. No more toppling over each other or sending notes across the table, though Brady stared at Kyle quite a lot. But
Y/n would often see Ike staring at Brady. He'd give her a sad expression when she was too busy staring at Kyle to notice him. It was very obvious he liked her. But Y/n also found her eyes glancing over at Kyle, even if his face was fucked up, his eyes were the same green, his nose was the same shape and his hair was the same mess covered by his hat.

"Oh and thank you again for helping Kyle." Sheila said as they all stood to leave. "Even if it was for the, 2nd time!" Sheila yelled the last part to Kyle. Y/n saw Kyle roll his eyes as he walked over.

"You all should come over for dinner." Lisa suggested. Sheila and Gerald agreed for Friday. As Lisa and Brady walked away, Kyle was left standing in the door, Y/n in front of him.

"Uh, yeah, so..." Kyle said awkwardly, avoiding eye on contact. Y/n reached up and touched the side of his face. She was very gentle as not to hurt him. Kyle was about to grab the side of her face until she took her hand away and moved back.

"Bye, Kyle." She said, eyes staring at the ground like it was the most interesting thing in the moment. She then quickly walked back to her house, not looking back at all.

"Uh- I'll see you Friday!" He yelled to her as she entered her home. He was going to walk to school with her the next day, and the day after that, and the day after that, and the day after that. So saying: See you Friday. It wasn't entirely truthful.

-

Y/n was sitting in the living room later that night. Suddenly, the phone began ringing and she got up to answer it.

Hello?

Y/n, it's Bebe.

Oh, hey. What's up?

Okay okay, so. I'm throwing a party on Friday, my place of course and I'm going to need your help.

It depends, what do you need my help for?

Oh wait, I'm going out with Clyde.

Wait, really?

Did you not know?

No, I didn't. Well that's a good thing right, you like him.

Yeah I do, he's sweet.

Anyway, what do you need my help with?

I need you to be like the 2nd host. Considering you won't get drunk and all that. I'll need you to come early and help set up, then help clean after. But I'm not gonna have anyone sleeping over either so you gotta help get everyone out.

Yeah sure, but I've got a dinner so I might be a little late, that's fine right.

Yeah, as long as your there. Anyway, I gotta go, make sure you tell Kyle he's invited too.

Yeah, see you at school.

-

After the call, Y/n went up to bed. Though as she peered through her window, Kyle's window was open. He was in his usual pj's except he wasn't wearing his hat...or his shirt, though his back was turned to her. He was walking around his room cleaning. Y/n slid her window open. "Hey Kyle?" She said as she lent out her window. He swung around to face her and walked to the window, leaning on the window sill using both his arms.

"Yeah?" He said as his messy hair fell onto his face. Though she wasn't focused on that. She was focused on where his shirt should be. He was thin, not fat at all. He wasn't bulky or muscular but he was toned. He didn't have really clear abs but they were there. His arms were a little veiny and a little muscular but not bulky. He was fit, but it didn't look like he was lifting weights constantly. It was a good balance.

"Oh, uh-" She was a little distracted but eventually pulled her head out of the gutter. "Bebe's having a party in Friday. We could walk there together after dinner if your coming."

"Yeah, yeah. Definitely." He said almost immediately. He practically jumped at the thought of walking to a party with her.