Chapter 13

Hello my lovely readers! 

So things will start to speed up a little in the next couple of chapters. I've been looking forward to writing this chapter for a while and I haven't quite got it how I would like... Please take the time to leave a comment with any ways you think this chapter could be improved :) 

I might even pull out a dedication to a lucky reader! :D So here's the chapter!

Chapter 13

As if it wasn't bad enough that I had been forced to dress in my knights formal attire for Edmon's ball, I also wasn't allow to leave after the feast. We were off duty for the evening which meant that we could finally have some time to relax. For me though this was my idea of hell, not my idea for relaxation. Leon had already given me a huge lecture on not flirting and not leading any of the girls on. Edmon had done the same though for completely different reasons. 

I just wish I could tell him who I really was. It would make things so much easier. Maybe I wouldn't be stood here in between Edmon and Leon as they politely engaged in talk with some of the noblemen and women whose name I had promptly forgotten. Thankfully for the most part they are ignoring me which is allowing me to let my mind and eyes wonder around the lavishly decorated ball room. 

Tall ruby red curtains fall the height of the room, the colours of Edmon's house. Colours of royalty. The deep blue of the table clothes match the blue of the knights in training. Another sign of the crown. All of this was designed with one thing in mind. To show off the wealth of the crown. The grand ball room did just that with the raise platform with the thrones placed centrally and the dance floor that stretched the length of the room. Many benches and tables littered the sides of the room though these were barely full anymore as many were mingling and making polite talk. That's how it came across anyway. No doubt there were many important conversations taking place regarding noble men and women's futures. Potential arranged marriages and trades to boost house alliances and wealth.

Scanning across the many faces in the crowd I catch sight of a flash of red. Frowning I strain my neck in an attempt to get a better look.

"No." I gasp to myself. It can't be, I add in my head. Getting a better glimpse there is no doubt in my mind at who I have just seen. I would recognise her anywhere. Beautiful, perfectly curled red hair held back with a length of gold ribbon. Her deep forest green dress just adds to her grace and elegance.

I have to talk to her and get her alone before she comes over to talk to Edmon, something I have no doubt she will do. Dismissing myself from Edmon's company I make a beeline towards her position on the far edge of the dancefloor. I don't even stop as I take hold of her arm and whisper in her ear, careful not to let her see my face.

"Claudia, come with me."

"Alesia?" She whispers back recognising my voice.

"Yes, now come quickly, please." I add as I guide her out onto one of the many balconies. Glancing around I see it is pretty much deserted and lead her over to the far corner careful that no one is around to over hear our conversation.

"Alesia, what is this about? What are you doing here?" She asks whirling around to look at me.

"Father made me lie to you, I didn't want to but I'm going to have to ask you to do the same. I am your brother Ali. I've come here to train to become a knight. You know it's all I've ever wanted Claudia. It's amazing here. I love the people and the training. Please, do this for me?" I all but beg in a desperate attempt to get her to agree.

"Ali, you don't need to beg me. It's unladylike." She admonishes. "We both know this is what you want. I just can't believe father didn't let you tell me."