1

⚠️mild homophobia, mild crude language.

The 5 boys were walking to the cafeteria together, chatting and laughing, while two of them did not look very happy. When they had gotten to the cafeteria, the two boys, Hyunjin and Minho, instantly started arguing.

"Just ask him out already Hyunjin!" Minho whisper yelled.

"I can't! I don't want him to get uncomfortable or anything like that... it's just so- UGH!" Hyunjin complains, letting his head hit the table as they all sat down.

"You're such a pussy, Hyunjin." Minho says to the younger boy, who looks up and glares at him.

"Okay then, how about you try and ask out your crush that you've know for like... FOREVER." Hyunjin yelled, making the cafeteria silent.

After a couple of seconds, people started talking again, but this time, whispering to each other.

'What? Hyunjin has a crush!?'

'Ugh I hope it's me!'

'I bet he's a faggot like the rest of that group'

"Just ignore them." Minho sighed. "If you ask out Seungmin, I'll find the most annoying person I can find and like, be friends with them for three days. And you know how much I hate the commoners here."

"Hmmm... deal!" Hyunjin giggled. "But... I get to choose who"

"Fine by me."

The other three boys looked at each other in unison.

"So you're going to hurt some kid just so Hyunjin can ask someone out?" Bangchan sighed. "As long as it's not Jeongin, do whatever I guess."

They all started laughing at the older boy.

"W-what! He's just... little... that's all" he said.

"Yeahhh that's all." Changbin somewhat whispered to Felix who was next to him. Felix let out a giggle, making Changbin shy away and smile.

"Oh just fuck already" Minho complained about the two. They were always so lovey with each other. They were clearly in love, but no. They had to make it hard for themselves.

The bell rang to indicate that the lunch break was over. Hyunjin felt sick from how nervous he was. When no-one was around, Minho hugged him to comfort him.

"You'll be fine dude. You're attractive, everyone wants you. He will say yes." Minho comforted

"Yeah and that's what I'm worried about. Not to toot my own horn, but I'm one of the most popular boys at this school. What if he doesn't want to be with someone like that. What if he doesn't like the attention he will get from hanging out with me." Hyunjin almost teared up, but didn't dare to let a tear fall in front of anyone. Not even Minho.

"Do you want me to get Felix to text Seungmin? He is friends with him after all." Minho offered, his hand on Hyunjin shoulder.

"I dunno.. what if he thinks I wanna use him. He's really smart... i dunno." Hyunjin was scared.

"Well, don't you go to the library to see him everyday? Maybe ask him to find a book for you or something. Just start off small, be kind to him dude. Then he will see what sort of person you are and you can get close with him. Or not, your loss."

"I don't even read! What do I ask to get if I don't even read!" Hyunjin complained. He was losing hope.

"Just give me a second. I'll text Felix."

Fee

You:
Dude

Fee:
What's up 🤭🤭

You:
You're friends with Seungmin, right?

Fee:
Asking for Hyun again? Ugh yes I am. What do you want to know.

You:
What's his favourite book?

Fee:
He LOVES the hunger games series. More than the movies.

You:
Thanks poopie

Fee:
No worries brotha. Text me if ya need anything else. Or... yk. GET HYUNJIN TO TEXT ME???

You:
Calm down Lix. I'll get him to text you next time.

"There." Minho showed Hyunjin the messages.

"The hunger games... I've seen one of the movies but I've never read the books before." He said

"You never READ. That's why you haven't read the books fuckwit." Minho said rolling his eyes.

At the library.

Minho waits at a table in the library and he scrolls on his phone, looking up every now and again to watch Hyunjin.

"Excuse me, Seungmin!" Hyunjin whisper yelled, making the younger boy look at him. Hyunjin gave instantly went red, and Minho snorted at this.

"I-I um..." Hyunjin stuttered. He never stuttered.

"Do you need help uhhh....." Although he came in everyday, Seungmin never remembered his name. Until it snapped. "Hyunjin! Aish... I'm sorry. I'm not good with names." Seungmin giggled embarrassed. "Anyway, do you need help Hyunjin?" He asked again.

Hyunjin nodded shyly. "Um... im looking for T-The Hunger Games? The first book?" Hyunjin asked the younger, almost inaudible.

"Oh! I love that series! Come with me!" Seungmin said, Hyunjin nodding and following behind him.

Soon, Seungmin pulled out one of the books and gave it to Hyunjin. "This is the first one. Have you read them before?" He asked. Hyunjin shook his head no.

"I think I saw one of the movies though..." Hyunjin said, playing with the spine of the book. Seungmin could tell he was nervous, but he didn't know why.

"Are you okay Hyunjin? You seem... scared" Seungmin pointed out. Hyunjin face instantly went red.

"Oh! Um... no I'm fine! Just not.. good at socialising?" Hyunjin questioned himself. Seungmin giggled and gave Hyunjin a shoulder a quick comforting rub.

"I have really bad social anxiety too. I didn't think someone so popular would be like that too.. sorry that sounds insensitive" Seungmin said

"No, no, it's okay. A lot of popular people don't have social anxiety so I understand your thought process. We should.. I dunno... read together sometime." Hyunjin offered the boy. Seungmins face lit up.

"Really? Oh my god yes! Here, I'll give you my number and you can text me what we are going to do!" Seungmin said, pulling out a sticky note and a pen. He wrote his number and signed it with an 'xo' next to it. He stuck it on the front cover of the book Hyunjin was holding, winking before walking away.

Hyunjin instantly ran over to Minho and he excitedly whisper-screamed.

"I asked him out!! That means you have to be friends with a commoner for three days~" Hyunjin said, sing-songy.

Seungmin heard the first part and smiled to himself. He just got asked out by one of the nicest people he has ever met.

1069 words

A/n
Hi hope you liked the first chapter. It's a bit shorter than my regular length, but the first chapter is always the most important. I hope you are all enjoys currently, and that you are having a lovely day/night.