Eleven

"There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds"

Laurell K. Hamilton

When Bree came to consciousness, she was in a cell, not a medical room

When Bree came to consciousness, she was in a cell, not a medical room. Bree wobbled to her feet and stumbled to the door. She could see that there was a slot in the middle for her food to be pushed through. Above that, there was a window with metal bars.

"Where am I," Bree called through the window, "Is there anybody out there?"

"President Snow has put you in this cell till your trial," a peacekeeper told Bree.

"On what charges," Bree demanded.

"I will leave him to tell you that," the peacekeeper told her as he closed the window, drowning out Bree's voice as she demanded to know what lies she was being tried on.

Bree walked to the far wall and lent against it as she slid down it. That was when it hit Bree that Finnick was dead. He wasn't coming back. She was never going to see him again. He wasn't going to burst through the door with his signature smirk. Bree broke down sobbing as she sat in a pool of misery on the floor.

Bree ended up falling asleep. Her crying had tired her out. Bree drempt of Finnick.

Finnick had been happy and smiling. His hand out to her as he teased. Befoer an arrow had come out of no wear and struck him in the chest. Bree was forced to witness as his face changed from happiness to shock to confusion to pain before settling on betrayal. He would look at Bree with eyes filled with treachery and torment. How dare Bree not protect him. She ran off and leave him to be killed. Bree watched as blood started to come out his mouth before Finnick fell to his knees before falling over. His glassy sea-green eyes looking up at Bree filled with betrayal.

A hammering at her door woke Bree. Causing her to scramble up and into a standing position as the door swung open. Seeing peacekeepers start to file in, Bee dropped into a defensive stance. The peacekeepers just gave her a look as if to ask if she really wanted to do this. Bree was tired, hungry and dehydrated. But yes, she still wanted to do it. Bree wasn't going to go without a fight. She had no more reason to live, so she might as well take a few with her.

As one peacekeeper approached Bree, she swung around and punched him in the throat when he fell back, trying to regain his breathing. Two more then tried to gang up on Bree. Bree managed to keep them back but forgot about the fourth, who was in charge if his lack of helmet was any indication. Instead, he waited until she was occupied to reach out and zap her with his baton.

Bree collapsed to the floor, writhing in pain as her body spasmed.

"I think my setting is too high," The peacekeeper laughed, "I'll make a note of that for next time."

The two peacekeepers who had previously been attacking Bree picked up and chained her still-seizing body.

They then dragged her out of the cell and to Snow's office. When they walked into the room, they threw her down onto the chair in front of Snow.

"Ah, Miss Odair," Snow drawled out, "how kind of you to join me."

"What do you want," Bree snapped at him.

"Now, now that's no tone to take with me, Miss Odair," Snow tutted, "after all, we are here to talk about your fate."

"Well, I guess I better pretend I care," Bree snapped sarcastically. She figured if she was going to go down, she might as well go down fighting.

"How do you plead to being a member of the rebels," Sow asked her coldly, ignoring her last comment. "Are you a traitor, Miss Odair?"

"I am a traitor, Mr Snow," Bree told him, her head held high, "and the reason is that you are an abomination of a president and should be killed. Or better yet, thrown into the games so that you can experience what you put all those children through."

"Well, that was easy," Snow sighed, making a gesture and a peacekeeper who came and grabbed Bree, "put her in with the others."

Bree wanted to ask who the others were but equally didn't want to dignify him by seaming hysterical. Under no circumstance could Snow win. He knew that he had broken her by telling her about Finnick, but she refused to break anymore.

As they carried on leading her, the peacekeepers just ignored her. Leaving the dignified-looking part and heading into what looked to be a cross between a medical institute and a prison.

Finally, when they were outside of a cell door with bars and no windows. One peacekeeper opened it, and the two holding Bree back threw her in.

She landed in a pile in the middle of the room. Bree sprang to her feet, not letting them know that what they did hurt because they couldn't hurt her. There was nothing left in here to feel the pain.

That had been killed when Finnick had died.