Seven

"Things are never quite as scary when you've got a best friend."

Bill Watterson

Bree was leaning on Finnick as the two of them shared the fish that she had caught

Bree was leaning on Finnick as the two of them shared the fish that she had caught. Bree was enjoying the peace. The peace that was promptly broken by a shrill scream. I mean, come on! Bree's head snapped in the direction it had come from

"That's new," Peeta muttered as they all stood up.

They could hear a far off rumbling as what looked like a wave started to crash down the hill bending the trees as it went. Bree was watching in confusion as it poured down, smashing the trees as it went. Bree then heard a canon fire. The wave had killed someone. The wave carried on rushing towards the Cornucopia. Bree grabbed Finnick arm, questioning if they should move, so they didn't get hit by the tide.

Bree was highly confused when the tide rushed up as if it had hit an invisible wall. Before it came crashing down. Bree watched as the water washed came over to where they were standing, barely making it over her ankles. Bree looked up to see a hovercraft coming down to pick up the body of the fallen tribute. Bree just hoped it wasn't Johanna.

"Someone's here," Katniss warned as she pulled an arrow from her quiver. Bree snapped to attention a dagger in her hand as Finnick pushed her behind him. Bree peered over his shoulder to see who it was. Bree froze. She recognised that silhouette.

"Johanna!" Bree screamed, running towards the person.

They saw as the body turned, and Finnick also took off running.

"Bree!" Johanna screamed back.

They all watched as Bree and Johanna collided in a hug as they went tumbling to the sand. Laughing as they gripped onto each other, neither wanted to let go.

When Bree finally stood up from hugging Johanna, she saw all the blood. The amount of it confused Bree as Johanna hadn't been hurt.

"What happened to you," Bree fused as she looked at Johanna.

"Well... I got 'em out." Johanna told them, "we were all the way deep into the jungle where I thought it was gonna be safe. That's when the rain started. I thought it was water. It turned out to be blood."

Johanna was interrupted by Wiress, who had started to repeat herself, "Tick took," Wiress recited as she tried to get their attention.

"Hot, thick blood," Johanna continued ignoring Wiress, "it was coming down. It was choking us. We were stumbling around, gagging on it, blind. That's when Blight hit the force field. He wasn't much, but he was from home."

When Johanna had finished, Bree pulled her in for another hug, rubbing her friends back soothingly.

"What's wrong with her?" Katniss asked, looking at Wiress, who still hadn't stooped repeating herself.