Five

"I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more."

Christina Perri

Bree and Finnick lay in the bed tangled together

Bree and Finnick lay in the bed tangled together. They were both hanging on to the other for dear life. They knew that in a few minutes that would be separated and taken to the games.

Speak of the devil. Bree lifted her head when she heard a knocking.

Finnick pulled her down to him, "remember what I said," he instructed as he pulled her in for a passionate kiss, "I love you".

The kiss was a promise that they would go through this together. No one would separate them from each other.

Knocking came again at the door. Bree stood up to pull on her clothes and throw Finnick his. The two got dressed and opened the door to see Alina.

"I'm really sorry, you two, but I have to take Bree," Alina apologised, looking like she wanted to cry.

Finnick pulled Bree in for one more passionate kiss before he let go, and Bree walked off. Neither of them said anything because they didn't know what to say. They both feared that if they tried to say anything to the other, they would end up breaking down then and there.

Alina lead Bree to a large plane that they boarded. Just before it lifted off, Bree was instructed to hold up her arm to implant a tracker. Bree didn't even flinch. She expected this to happen. The plane took off, and Bree ran all the possible scenarios through her head.

She was stirred from her own head by the feeling of the plan coming on to land. Bree frantically searched for a look onto where he was. But the game makers had thought of this, and she could see a thing. The only clue that Bree got was when she pulled on the clothes that the game makers had given to her. Her best guess was tropical.

Aline and Bree were stood in front of a glass tube that would lead Bree to her fate. Aline looked like she was about to cry any moment. Bree pulled Alina into a hug.

"No matter what, I will go down fighting," Bree told her, "don't you worry about me."

"Sixty seconds to launch." The voice warned.

"What do you think happens if I don't get in?" Bree asked flippantly.

"How about we don't find out," Aline tried to joke back, sniffling.

Bree pulled in Alina for a final hug.

"Ten seconds to launch." The voice instructed.

Alina gave Bree and hand into the tube. When she was situated in it, the glass came down in between the two. Bree put her hand against the glass. Alina then rested her hand on the other side as the elevator started to go up.

Bree started to go up in the elevator. She could see the light peaking in from not tp far above her. Bree put her hands over her eyes to let them adjust slowly.