Six

"I choose you. And I'll choose you, over and over and over. Without pause, without a doubt, in a heartbeat. I'll keep choosing you."

Unknown

Bree was snapped out of her sleep for a second time that night by loud banging

Bree was snapped out of her sleep for a second time that night by loud banging. Bree just groaned.

"Is a woman not allowed to get her beauty sleep," Bree complained.

"You don't need beauty sleep," Finnick told her, "you are already the most beautiful girl in the world."

"You are so sweet, aren't you," Bree laugh.

"Go back to sleep, love," Finnick told her as he cupped his hands over her ears.

Not being one to turn down sleep, Bree was soon fast asleep again. She vaguely stirred when Finnick picked her up, but when he quietly murmured for her to go back to sleep, she did.

Bree was woken from her sleep a third time that night by screaming. I will get to the screaming. But I mean, come on! How much does it take for a poor girl to get a good night of sleep?

"Run! Run!" Katniss screamed, "The fog is poison!"

"Come on, come on," Finnick chanted as Bree helped Mags get on his bag, "come on."

"There!" Bree shouted as Finnic took off running. They ran down a slope, balancing being able to run fast and not going head first. They ran past hanging vines as Bree pushed them out the way for Finnick and Mags. She refused to leave them behind. They kept having to change direction as the fag cough up with them. Bree felt like she was being corraled.

When Finnick diverged from where Katniss and Peeta were going, she didn't hesitate to follow. It didn't matter what she had said to Haymitch. She wasn't going to leave them alone.

What Bree wasn't prepared for was the fog. It nipped at her heal's, sending her screaming ground. It felt as if someone had poured acid all over her legs as it boiled the flesh. Bree heard Finnick let out a scream as it caught him too. She desperately crawled to them as she helped Mags onto his back, ignoring the fog as it lapped up her legs and to her lower back.

"Mags, Bree, please, please! Come on! Come on!" Finnick chanted as he pulled Brees arm over his shoulder.

The three of them managed to half run and half drag themselves to where Peeta and Katniss had collapsed. Both Mags and Bree knew that Finnick was doing all the hard work. The fog had destroyed her legs, and she could barely move them.

"I can't carry him," Katniss told them, "Peeta, please. Peeta, please, stand up. We have to go."

Bree was lying on the floor, barely conscious of her surroundings, when she felt Mags kiss her head.

Bree looked up when she heard Finnick screaming Mag's name. When Bee saw Mags heading into the fog, she frantically tried to crawl after the older woman, but her legs were no longer obeying her command.