Chapter 7- More Than Dinner?

Callahan's POV

I woke up with Clara still in my arms.

Shit.

I ran my hands through my hair and turned over to see the alarm clock:

1:00 PM

"Fuck." I breathed.

I shook Clara aggressively and she didn't really appreciate the gesture,

"What the hell," She whipped her head and shock overlooked her face, "Callahan! Why are you still here-"

Clara had just then realized we spent the whole night together, and without her father knowing.

"Shit, shit, shit!" She shot up out of the bed.

She ran to her phone on the marble counter. She slapped her hand to her mouth and looked at me.

"What??" I jumped out of the bed and went over to her.

"8... 8 missed calls from my dad and 11 messages. Oh my god I'm so fucked, Callahan. I have to call Jolie."

"Why her?" I went over to my bag and threw on a pair of sweatpants, trying to not seem equally as stressed as Clara.

The last thing I needed was Mr. Stewart finding out about this.

"I need to tell her to tell my father I spent the night at her place!" Clara was rapidly tapping away on her phone.

She found her contact and called her, pacing the floor and biting her lip as the phone dialed.

I picked up all our stuff from around the room and stored everything in my bag.

I grabbed her keys and waved to her to come with me to the parking lot.

"Hello?? Jolie?? I need you to help me." She nodded at my wave, put her phone on speaker and took one of my hoodies to change her shirt all while talking to Jolie.

She explained the situation and her friend agreed to cover for her.

Thank god.

When she hung up she started dialing her father. I could hear him clearly while standing a few feet away.

"Clara! Where the fuck are you?! I almost called the police to come look for you!"

"I know, dad. I'm sorry I just left Jolie's. I spent the night there and I forgot to tell you or Jaxon. I'm so sorry I didn't see your calls until this morning, we were up late..."

She walked out of the door, into the hall, pleading for her father to forgive her.

This was all my fault.

Clara's POV

Callahan told me he was alright staying at the hotel and walked me to my car.

I hated to leave him but there was no way he could show up with me.

Who knows the next time I'll see him because my dad won't let me out of his sight after this.

I arrived home and pulled into the garage, closing the door behind me. I walked into the kitchen and there my father was, leaning against the counter with his head in his hands.

As soon as he noticed me he jerked his head up,

"Oh my god Clara I was so worried!" His face seemed to finally relax

He ran up to me and hugged me tightly,

"I know, dad. I forgot to tell anyone I was going to Jolie's. It was last minute. I'm really sorry. It won't happen again."