Chapter 4- Envy

Clara's POV

I awoke in my bed with a note tucked under my phone.

The note read:
"Had to go to work, don't tell ANYONE about last night. It'll be our secret. I'll come see you tonight."

I smiled and tucked the note into my nightstand drawer. I got up and got dressed.

I changed into something little more professional since I was going to ask my dad to go to work with him and maybe see Callahan. It was the least I could do for him after he stayed the night even with work in the morning.

I left my room and asked my dad,

"Can I go to work with you today dad?"

"Sure but why do you want to go? It's nothing great and I'm sure you'll get bored." He sipped on his coffee.

"I just want to see what it's like to be in your shoes." I wasn't taking "no" for an answer.

"Okay well I'm leaving now so get shoes on and let's get going."

I put on Converse and got into the car. It was a half hour drive and the whole time I thought about Callahan from last night. He is so much bigger than me and was super comforting when we snuggled. I could hardly wait to see him - especially sweaty at work.

Once we arrived I unbuckled and got out as quick as I could. I still had to act casual and wait for my dad.

"I didn't think the president was coming today. Why are you so excited?" My dad chuckled and opened the door for me.

"I'm just glad I don't have to deal with Jaxon." It wasn't a lie.

We walked in and he took me into his office and showed me around.

It was a very nice office, not too big not too small and it had a wood desk that was polished so well I could see my reflection. My dad always kept the place neat.

At that moment Callahan came in through my father's double glass doors. His eyes got huge from the surprise.

Blush grew over his cheeks but faded quickly as he started to talk to my father.

"I got your customers engine fixed. She was a dirty one."

"Cal!" I shouted thinking he was talking about me and my dad gave me a weird glance.

My father was surprised that I even said a word to him.

"The car that is." Callahan corrected lately and directed a fake laugh to my dad.

"Yeah I know, that's why you're so dirty." My dad said and sat at his desk.

Oh my gosh this is so embarrassing. Even Callahan was trying to hold back his laughter.

My father was still surprised that I even said a word to him.

"Well anyways, thanks Callahan, actually if you could do me a favor and show Clara around that would also be great. The next customer isn't coming in for another hour or so."

"Sure I would love to" He gestured to the door and held it for me.

I followed Callahan out of the office and he began showing me the different parts of the building.

I wasn't even paying attention I was too busy looking at him.

I noticed all of the grease covering his arms from the last car. I followed it up his body and saw he had some on his cheek.

I licked my thumb and tried to wipe it off,

"You have something rightttt there"

He didn't mind me wiping it off for him, in fact it felt as if he was leaning into my touch.