Chapter 2 - Under The Table

Clara's POV

I felt my phone buzz. I picked up to see an Instagram notification.

cal_mont87 started following you

[Clara_Stuart241] Callahan Montgomery- hey

I realized I was blushing during our conversation when my brother walked in

"I want you to stay away from Callahan he's not good for you. He was asking about you all night so I'm assuming he's going to hit on you. He just wants to do you and I'm not going to let that happen." I turned off my phone while he stood there waiting for an agreeing reply.

"Oh my god, Jaxon. I literally just met him. I'll do what I want anyways." He didn't like that answer and gave me a frustrated face.

Jaxon left my room and slammed the door behind him.

Two days later

I walked downstairs and saw my dad talking to Jaxon.

"Where do you want to go for dinner tonight?" My dad asked.

Oh right, it's Jaxon's birthday.

"I don't know, maybe the sports bar downtown." Jaxon scrolled on his phone.

"That's fine who are you inviting? Your sister is coming along." My brother rolled his eyes and I laughed.

"Probably just Callahan."

Thank you Jesus.

Jaxon shot me a look after he said that, which implied our talk from the other.

"We'll probably come over after to swim, I don't know if he'll stay the night, he has work in the morning."

"Make sure he knows he can't take tomorrow off, I need him to help me. Especially since he called off yesterday."

My dad walked out the door and went to work.

Callahan's POV

Jaxon texted me about his 21st birthday dinner tonight. I agreed to go but he reminded me once again to stay away from his sister. I couldn't keep any promises...

6:00 PM

I got out of the shower and got dressed in a baggy t -shirt and gray sweatpants. Dinner is at 6:30 so I had to leave now to get there on time. I put my helmet on and got on my bike. The warm North Carolina air felt nice in my skin. The weather reminded me of Clara's sun kissed skin.

I start to make my way to his house, thinking about Clara more.

I pulled into the driveway and walked up to the door. When I knocked on the door, Jaxon opened it and I walked in. Everyone was standing at the entry, putting their shoes on.