Chapter Eighteen: Hard Choices

"The next two day's I spent staying away from Cyturion patrols, they managed to track where I went and unfortunately I watched them round up the last of the survivors with me. Where I landed was where we agreed to rendezvous in the event of an attack, I watched as over two-hundred Cyturion's swept the countryside and killed everyone that was left" said Braius, his anger evident in his eyes. 

"I narrowly avoided them on several occasions, but luckily they withdrew. Obviously deciding I was no longer worth the effort as they'd wiped out the others" He said.

"I am sorry Braius" said Tobias who had been listening intently throughout the entire tale.

"It wasn't your fault, Tobias these things happen in war. The Cyturion's were bound to come in and knock the house down, sooner or later" He said, smiling weakly in an attempt to hide his grief.

"However it would appear that this infamous, Kirill has been at work yet again. Let us hope we don't encounter him anytime soon" said Argus.

"You know of him?" asked Braius, jumping into the conversation sounding far more alert than before.

"Unfortunately yes, he ambushed Joseph and few others not long ago. Ryne and Argus met the man a very long time ago, and until recently they thought him dead" said Tobias.

"He was a worthy foe; he fights like Mylar only with far more intelligence and a better hold over his emotions. The man is not to be taken on lightly, he might even prove a challenge for you Tobias" he said scratching the bandages of his right hand.

"Even Joseph struggled against him, and Jamie who is Taylor's friend helped him out and only came away with broken ribs" said Argus.

"Then he was very lucky, I'll say that much. However, Tobias I have information for you" said Braius who smiled broadly.

"Good news I hope, by Arturios we could do with some" said Tobias.

"Certainly is. When I was avoiding Cyturion patrols and almost got caught at one point, I overheard them mention going back to a place called Glyde Court" He said positively beaming with excitement.

"You think it's a base?" He asked, now sitting up ever straighter listening intently.

"I'd bet my life on it, as for where it is exactly I don't know" He said.

"We can have our people look into it, I'm sure we'll find it in no time. For now get some rest Braius you my friend have earned it" said Tobias. Who stood and left closing the door softly behind him.

                              ............................................................................................

Half an hour later Tobias was sat in the war room having summoned Taylor, Mylar, the twins, Ryne and Cecilia. Before him resting upon the table were several pictures from a website, of a place called Glyde Court which according to their research was situated in Louth Ireland. The place had been abandoned for years and seemed to be the ideal place for the Cyturion's to use as a base. Everyone at Lavernock had been eager to strike back and lethal blow after the fall of Inchkieth and the death of nearly two-hundred Arturion’s. It was truly a devastating loss and had been their worst for centuries.

"Information from Braius, has led us to believe that there is a Cyturion base in an abandoned building called Glyde Court in Ireland. Tonight we make our move" said Tobias as he said this he observed the people around him.

They all looked unaffected aside from Taylor who looked worried. The idea of a full blown battle terrified him, that much was clear and it would be a true test of how far he had come. "I can't blame the boy; six days ago he was just a teenager. Now he was fighting in an ancient civil war any rational man would be right to be fearful" Thought Tobias, thinking back to how he was when the war had begun.