Chapter One: Just Another Day.....If Only That Were True.

Chapter One: Just Another Day....If Only That Were True.

Bath, United Kingdom, November 2013

Taylor Roth dragged his fingers carefully through his hair eying an unused pot of hair wax given to him as a present from a relative, and it made him think how much he disliked vanity. ‘It’s such an awful trait.’ He was glad that he had more sense than that. His mother had always said that he had a surprisingly level head for a teenager. It was one of the few compliments that he received which he didn't mind too much. His eyes still ached from the freshness of awakening; his auburn gems seemed drab and lifeless. He stood up out of bed, wearing only his boxers and stretched out to his full height.

His well chiselled jaw reflected in the mirror: people focused on that more than anything along with his lean muscled body, which irritated him to no end. He ruffled his dark brown hair one last time before getting into the shower quickly before having to set out for college.

After the shower, Taylor quickly changed into a black pair of jeans with a light blue t-shirt and hastily pulled on his green converse. On the way out, he flung his bag over his shoulder. Taylor then grabbed his college hoodie and a slice of bread from the bread bin. Taylor had been going to Bath College for a few months now on a full-time sports course, focusing mainly on his favourite sport, rugby. He'd been playing since he was thirteen and absolutely loved it.

His house was empty most of the time as his parents were constantly at work, seeing little of their children. Taylor’s eyes drifted to a picture of his family on holiday the sun beaming down on their smiling faces and couldn’t help but think of his sister. She was only a couple of years older than he was. As she lived away from home, studying law at Oxford University, Taylor only ever saw her during the holidays when she came home to visit. The house was quiet most of the time and that unnerved Taylor, he knew that it shouldn't but he couldn't help it.

Fifteen minutes later, Taylor was across the road from the college. He was just about to cross the road when he spotted a lone man on a bench, and it took him a moment to realise he was watching him. His eyes were fixed on him, they were dark almost black. He watched Taylor with a stinging malice as if he meant to do him harm. There wasn’t something quite right about the man but he couldn't put his finger on it. 

The man appeared to be in his early thirties and had jet black hair, very dark eyes and wore a tight black leather jacket. The man broke eye contact realizing that he'd been caught watching and continued to read the newspaper. Taylor shrugged, carrying on just assuming the guy was a bit of an oddball. He crossed the road to the college, putting it out of his mind.  

Taylor pushed through the glass doors of the main entrance to the college and gradually made his way to his first lecture of the morning. He got to the classroom to find almost everyone already there and his teacher, James, who was doing something on his laptop. One thing he liked about college over school that he didn't have to call his lecturer.  

Taylor walked to the back of the class taking a seat behind a boy with black hair. He casually slapped the back of the boy’s head to get his attention. 

"Oi, you prick," said Taylor as the boy turned around to face him, smirking despite the insult.

"Do you fancy going down to Maccy D's at lunchtime?" asked Taylor, knowing that he'd say yes. There was nothing Jamie loved more than chicken nuggets.

Jamie was the same age as Taylor and had been very shy when he had first come to college but soon enough, he came out of his shell. Jamie had light blue eyes framed by a slightly rounded face and was only just a bit shorter than Taylor, who stood at roughly six feet himself.