Chapter Eight: Forging Bonds And A Troubled Heart

It was only half an hour into his first training session with Mylar and he was already sweating like crazy he was gradually developing a stitch in his right side, while trying to resist the temptation to lie down and go to sleep. Taylor had always been fit but this was pushing him beyond what he ever thought possible; however Mylar wasn't even warmed up yet and couldn't stop smiling.

"I'm surprised Taylor, your meant to be an athlete aren't you, come on now you know you can do better than this" said Mylar pacing back and forth.

They'd spent the start of the session just doing basic hand to hand fighting instead of going straight to using their fire and Mylar had demonstrated several ways of taking an opponent to the ground. All were felt on Taylor's backside every time Mylar had knocked him down.

"I'm trying, just give me a few minutes alright" said Taylor panting, and then finally giving in and gripping his side.

Before he even realised what happened  his feet had been swept out from underneath him knocking him to the dirt again knocking the air out of his lungs and hitting his head on the grass which luckily was soft.

"A Cyturion won't give you a few minutes Taylor, one of them will kill you at the slightest sign of weakness, you have strength and the brains to stop me so do it" said Mylar walking away a feet from Taylor allowing him to get to his feet.

"You might be the ancestor of Arturios but you can still be killed, your still human no matter how powerful you are now or how powerful you will become never forget that" said Mylar.

"Now show me what we both know you can do" said Mylar as he charged for Taylor once again his fist leading aimed straight for Taylor's face.

Taylor ducked beneath Mylar's punch then grabbed his arm with both hands tugging him down to the ground, catching him off guard so he could kick his knee cap knocking him down to one knee. Before Mylar could react further he was forced to the ground with a savage kick to his abdomen, followed by Taylor jumping on him pinning him down by the shoulders with his knees.

"That's...better...lad" gasped Mylar still managing a grin despite the pain in his stomach.

"Now if you could get off me, I'm having problems breathing" said Mylar with another gasp.

"Ha make me old man!" said Taylor, now feeling very sure of himself.

"Stupid boy" said Mylar. He grabbed Taylor's wrist which he'd made the mistake of leaving in Mylar's reach then twisted it sharply eliciting a cry of pain from Taylor as he jumped up off of Mylar rubbing his wrist soothingly.

"That was a little harsh" said Taylor with a groan as massaged his wrist further.

"Well you told me to make you and I did, always be careful what you ask for" said Mylar.

"If you say so" said Taylor settling back into a position with his legs shoulder width apart and his left foot angled to the side.

"Again" said Taylor eager for another chance to show up his new teacher.

A little while later they ended their training session with the next one scheduled for later on in the evening. They sat together on the grass looking out to the sea admiring the view not saying a word between each other exhausted from the morning's training. Taylor sat wondering about how Mylar had come to be within the ranks of the Arturions as he looked at him from the corner of his eye. However he wasn't sure if it was a good idea to be asking him such a thing, seeing as it might be a sensitive issue.