Chapter Seven: Difficult Reunions

Without even caring Taylor sprinted to his family, instantly wrapping his mother in a huge bear hug before she even got the chance to say hello. He calmed the moment his mother freed her arms and hugged him back, stroking the back of his hair soothingly.

"Thank heavens your safe mum," said Taylor, trying not to cry.

His mother’s hair was cut just short of shoulder length in a new fashion she'd just caught on with as she usually did being a hairdresser, her hair was a dark brown very much like Taylor's. It matched her auburn eyes which Taylor had also gotten from her. She was in her early forties and still looked quite young despite her age. Arianne pulled out of the hug to take a good look at her son from her much shorter height, and that's when she noticed his eyes.

"Taylor are you wearing contacts?" asked Arianne still looking straight into his eyes, confused as she took in what she saw.

"No, why[O1] ?" questioned Taylor feeling puzzled himself.

"Honey, your eyes have turned blue, like a dazzling sky blue," said Arianne looking closer.

"Shit " thought Taylor now panicking like crazy trying to think of what to tell her. 

"Mum, I'll explain everything but it's going to take a while," said Taylor before turning to Ryne and Tobias.  They stood by the main doors. As for Jamie, he'd already rushed over to his family, excluding his brother who Taylor assumed was still in hospital.

"Could you bring them inside and get them something warm to drink? I think I'm going to have to tell them," said Taylor. Tobias opened his mouth to object but he saw the blazing blue in his eyes, and realised it was too late to keep things a secret

 "Okay, come on in everyone, I'll have some drinks sorted out. If you'll care to follow Taylor he'll lead you to the meeting room," said Tobias now with a smile, obviously wanting them to feel as welcome as possible.

Taylor looked to his father and sister. He hadn't hugged them. It just wasn’t something that happened in his family, really. They were close just not that close. His father Gregory was dressed in one of his suits for work he worked most of the time so he’d clearly been dragged away upon hearing his son was missing. The suit was all black including his tie and shinned black shoes he'd always taken his appearance at work seriously. His face was a spitting image of Taylor's while Taylor had his mother’s hair and eyes.

 His looks and build all came from his father so it was needless to say Gregory was just a thirty year older version of Taylor, with wrinkles along his forehead and a few stretched out on his hands and in other places.

Gregory's hair was jet black with a few streaks of grey in it giving him the look of a badger in a suit and tie. His eyes were a light brown in colour and sharp as a fox's. Maria wore a green cardigan with a light blue t-shirt on underneath along with tight black jeans and a pair of black daps. People always said they looked similar but for some reason Taylor could never see it.

She had brown eyes as well not as dark as his and not as light as their father's; just in between. She'd inherited their father’s jet black hair which was untied falling just past her shoulders. They all followed Taylor into the main building then through into the war room. He'd only said meeting room in front of them as he hadn't wanted to freak them out.

Jamie stayed behind with his family who had all been completely oblivious to the conversation which had just taken place. They were crying and hugging their son, and kept saying how happy they were that he was alright. Taylor tore his eyes away from the heart-warming sight and focused on the task at hand.