Chapter 17 - A gift

"I see you got my gift."

You're on your way to the meeting spot, occasionally glancing behind you at Namar. He seems a bit troubled or bothered by something, so you decide to stop.

He almost bumps into you because of what's on his mind keeps him a bit unfocused at the moment.

"What's wrong, Namar?"

"I.. It's just that.." He sighs and reach for you hand, he looks into your eyes. "Y/N, i need you to know that, what i do.. is always to help my people."

You reach your other hand up to caress his cheek.

"I understand. That's what's gonna make you a great Chief, Namar." You tell him, looking up at him with a smile.

He looks down at you with a sad expression, but gives you a grateful smile and leans into your touch.

"Come on. Let's go fix the world." You say excitedly and take his hand, dragging him with you.

He looks down at your hands and silently intertwine your fingers with his. Savouring your touch for as long as he can.

...

You stand with Namar on the cliff as you wait for Ray.

"I see you got my gift." Rays voice is heard and you both turn to him as he comes out.

"I never thought I'd see this again." Namar says looking down at the Sisu necklace.

"Well, uh.. I tried to take good care of it. Y/N helped me clean it a few times." He tells him sheepishly. And you shake your head with a soft smile, at your brother trying to say something nice to Namar to ease the tension.

"You're not the only dragon nerd here." Ray then says and that succeeds to ease the tension a bit. You smile when you hear Namar chuckle softly.

You really hope these two would get along, for multiple reasons.

Namar reaches back for his gem and puts it down on a rock, before taking a few steps back. You and Ray share a smile and Sisu appears.

Namar looks at her with wide eyes, before saluting her.

"The final piece." Sisu says looking at Ray who smiles at her.

"Time to bring everyone back." Ray says and reach for the other gems in the bag.

You hear a creak of a crossbow and turn in surprise toward Namar.

"Sisu and the gem pieces are coming with me." He informs firmly.

"Sisu!" Ray exclaim.

"Stay back!" Namar shouts when he sees others come running out too.

"It was foolish to trust someone from fang!" Tong exclaim.

"No." You say and turn to Namar. "Namar, don't. Please."

"Don't come any closer." Namar tells them when your friends took more steps to stand beside Ray and Sisu, you step in front of them protectively. You back up slowly to them, away from Namar with your hands up.

He aims at Ray.

"Namar." Ray says raising his hand slowly.

"It doesn't have to be like this." You try to tell Namar.

"I don't have any other choice, Y/N." He tells you and Ray reaches for his sword.

"Ray, wait." You tell him.

"Hey. I got this." Sisu tells Ray, she nods to you and you slowly move towards Namar with her.

"Yes you do, Namar." You tell him. "I know you don't want to hurt anybody." You say as you go to him with Sisu beside you and she starts glowing.

"What are you doing?" He asks, his crossbow aimed at Sisu.

"You just want a better world." Sisu says. "Like we all do."

Namar looks up at her with a sad expression, before glancing at you.

"Y/N." He whispers.

"I trust you, Namar." You tell him.

"Me too." Sisu says.

Ray is staring at Namar's finger on the trigger as his finger trembling, thinking he's about to fire.

He throws his sword out from between you and Sisu and hits the crossbow, making Namar involuntarily pull the trigger. Shooting Sisu in the heart.

"No! Sisu!" Ray exclaims and run to the edge as Sisu falls into the water. Everyone look in shock and sadness at where Sisu disappeared over the cliff, no one noticing Namar running away.

He glances one last time at you standing by the end of the cliff looking down at the water, a single tear falling down his cheek. He wipes it and run.

The water then starts to sink and disappear.

"What's happening?" Boun asks.

"I don't know. It appears that with the last dragon gone, so too goes the water." Tong says. "Now there is nothing to stop the Druun. Nothing."

"Ray?" Bound then asks, making you look around. "Where's Ray?"