Chapter 4 - Welcome to Heart

"Are you supposed to have that?"

The other lands had arrived and were all standing facing Chief Benja and Heart by the entrance. Ray on your father's right and you on his left holding his hand.

"Things look a little tense, Ba." Ray whispers to his father.

"Don't worry, I'm gonna open with a joke." He tells him and you smile with a nod.

"Please don't." Ray looks up at him in worry.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding." Your father chuckles. He then takes a step forward with your hand still in his.

"People of Tail, Talon, Spine and Fang. Welcome to Heart." He greets the lands.

You glance at Fang, noticing the boy beside their Chief. He must be the prince, you think. He looks to be your age, maybe closest to Rays. It's not a big gap between you, just a year and a half.

Smiling brightly, you give him a small wave. The boys eyes widen and he looks up at his mother in surprise and uncertainty.

You just keep smiling and look around at the other lands, not noticing the boys face had turned red by your attention.

"For far too long, we have been enemies, but today is a new day. Today, we can be Kumandra once more." Benja tells them. Then suddenly a woman of Tail claps her hands mockingly.

"Nice speech, Chief Benja. But why'd you really bring us out here? Are you gonna rob us?" She asks and your smile fades.

"Why would he need to rob us? The land of Heart already has everything." A guy at Talon says.

"Oh, it's easy to pontificate on Kumandra when you hold the mightiest weapon in all the lands." A guy from Spine adds.

You look over at the boy from Fang again, who was frowning slightly at the loss of smile on your face. But then when meeting his eyes, you smile again. The boy feels his cheek flushing again when they had only just faded from before.

While the people around exclaim, your brother glance at you and he follows your line of sight, seeing the boy from Fang. He smiles to the boy also.

He then sighs and walks down the staircase. You watch in awe and your father watch him in slight worry.

Ray stops at the bottom and salutes the people by making a circle with his hands.

"I have something to say." He announce and the people frown at the boy. "Who's hungry?" He asks. A man from Spine stretches his hand up but takes it down seeing his leader glare at him.

The boy from Fang chuckles and then looks up at his mother.

"Go ahead. It's alright." She tells him.

You watch with wide eyes and an excited smile as the boy walks up to your brother.

"I'm Namar, of Fang." He introduces himself and you smile brightly. Namar.

"Hi, Namar. I'm Ray. And this is my sister Y/N." He introduces you too, you let go of your father and excitedly skip your way down the stairs to meet the boy. The boy was awkwardly smiling as he watched you approach. You were the cutest thing he had ever seen.

"Hi-" He starts but doesn't finish because you jumped on him in a hug, shocking the boy. With wide eyes and flushed cheeks, yet again, he looks at your brother.

Ray just chuckles at your actions, and slowly and carefully Namar wraps his arms around you to reciprocate the hug.

You let go of the boy looking into his eyes with a bright smile. Namar looking into yours in awe. Then you hear a gasp from beside you.