Chapter 15 - Namar and Y/N

"You can help us fix this, Namar."

"And that is how the land of Fang rose in spite of all the monsters that wanted to destroy us. Because we're smart, resilient and we take car of one another." Chief Virana says to the children.

"Mother! We need to talk." Namar says coming up to her.

"It's Prince Namar!" The kids exclaim happily and Namar smiles, looking down at the children. He always wanted his own someday.

"Alright, alright, now, run along kittens. I have to speak with the prince."

"Mother, you won't believe what i saw."

"You saw a dragon. General Atitaya informed me that you'd be returning home without the gem pieces."

"It was Sisu." He exclaim. "She can fix what we broke. She can bring everyone back."

"And that's what scares me." She tells her son and he frowns. "When everyone comes back, who do you think they'll come for? You forget. The other lands blame us for what's happened."

"But we.. never meant for anyone to get hurt." Namar says.

"Yes, but if we had the dragon and the gem pieces, we would be forgiven. We could save the world. But more importantly, our people would remain safe."

"But Ray and Y/N aren't just gonna give Sisu to us." He says and his mother sighs.

"We're not going to give them a choice."

"What are you going to do?" He asks, worried for you.

"That's no longer your concern, my son." She says and puts a hand on his shoulder. "You've done enough." She tells him and walks away.

...

At night, you're sneaking into the palace while Ray and the others wait anxiously.

"If he refuses to help, we've just flushed our tactical advantage into the dung pot." Tong says.

"I know." Ray says.

"Yeah, he really has no reason to help us." Boun agrees.

"I know."

"Y/N's jerky is terrible." Sisu says.

"I know! But don't tell her that."

"Are you sure Y/N will be successful?" Tong asks.

"I.. don't know." He sighs.

...

You've snuck your way into the palace unseen successfully. Seeing Namar walking down a corridor, you follow from a distance. When he goes into a room you wait a few seconds and follow.

When you open the door and walk through you're suddenly backed up against the wall by a strong arm.

"Y/N?" Namar whispers as his eyes widen when he recognises your eyes from under your face cloth. He loosens his hold on you immediately.

You tug down the cloth from your nose and let it hang around your neck as you look up at him.

"How.. how did you sneak past the guards?" He asks in disbelief and you shrug with a smile.

"Would you believe me if i said with my charm?"

"Yes." He answers immediately and you laugh.

He's too stunned by your presence to react much other than the awestruck reaction he's stuck in. Looking at your face, him being so close to your face he realises and takes a step back. But doesn't move his eyes from your face.