Can I Have This Dance?

Bree's POV

It's been a few weeks since I talked to Chase. I miss him...but he was just a fling of mine. Homecoming's up and since I am the chairperson of the dance committee and prom committee, I spent 6 weeks decorating the school gym for homecoming...

"What are you doing? Flowers hang, they don't sit there looking like a total fool!" I said, correcting the girls in charge of the flowers.

I went over to the stage, turned around to look at the disco ball...

I gasped.

"Everybody stop! There's something wrong! Replace that disco ball with a chandelier! The theme is "Royal Nights With You", people!"

I went over to the band playing to discuss their music, when someone tapped me on my shoulder. I turned around to find Chase..

"What are you doing here? You're not part of the dance committee!" I said, hoping he will go away.

"And you are? You're the new student," he said, casually.

"Look, the former chairperson of the committee was a senior and preparing for graduation, so, they put me in charge for the next years of dances while i'm still in high school," I explained.

He nodded as I looked over to the drinks and food served for the dance.
I took a sip of the punch and spat it out.

"What is this? This is 'Colourful drinks' company, I want 'The Homemade' company," I said.

"Bossy much?" He asked.

"Ugh! What are you doing here? You're supposed to be in your soccer practice or whatever things that you got going on," I said.

"Actually, I'm here to ask a special girl out for homecoming," he said.

I glared at him and said,"Oh, you mean the girl that was kissing you on the phone, go ahead and do your business, and leave me alone," I said.

"No, I mean the girl that's in charge of the dance committee," he said, smirking.

I turned around to look at him, obviously shocked. I glared at him as I rejected his offer. I walked away from him as I continued decorating the gym in time for homecoming.