New beginnings.

Maeve

I didn't remember falling asleep. When I woke I was quick to move in embarrassment as my body sprawled across Arles much larger one.
"Sorry" I muttered sheepishly playing with my fingers. What was this man doing to me, I was never known to be shy around a males presence and always held my head high. Realising my mistake I lifted my head making eye contact. "I didn't mean to fall asleep." I said firmly this time, I didn't want him to think of me as a timid she wolf. They never lasted long.

"I quite enjoyed it, my wolf is over settled having you drooling on my lap," he stated, a hint of a smile on his lips.
Smacking his arm I rolled my eyes and turned, gasping slightly as I did. I must have woken up just as we entered Pack Lands as we were currently driving through a gorgeous village. The houses were rustic and looked homely and welcoming. Colour was everywhere but in a way that didn't make the town look tacky. The village was bustling, smiling faces as people made their way to work I assumed due to the early morning time. This was nothing like I had expected. I had heard Arles ruled with an iron fist. Apparently, the pack was miserable and scared to make any wrong moves in fear of angering their Alpha. Having met him I knew not to judge him based on the rumours but I was his mate. How he acted with me could reflect very differently from how he acted with his pack members.

"I know what you're thinking Maeve, I'm not like they make me out to be." turning to glance at him I only nod.
"The pack are my family, they took me in and saved me then allowed me to become their Alpha, they have always looked out for me and in return, I do the same. The rumours are true when it comes to me killing people but I only kill for the safety of my people."
"You wasn't born to the alpha line?" I questioned intrigued by his past. He was very hidden in the werewolf world and most packs didn't even know his name, I had only found out due to being close to Alpha Dane.
"I have Alpha Blood but I wasn't born here no." his face turned slightly, his lips twitching downwards. I opened my mouth to ask another question but he cut me off. "We are here my mate, once we get inside I will tell you everything it's best you know my past and what you're getting into before you create assumptions." Nodding I opened my door and stepped outside. The house, which I assumed was only his was gorgeous. It had a cottage vibe but was much larger than your stereotypical cottage in the woods. Walking in was even more breathtaking. It was completely different to the exterior, whilst the wooden beams were still on show highlighting the rustic structure, it was very modernised but still had a homely feel to it.

"Our room is up here," he started causing my heart to jolt at the usage of 'our.' Almost realising my reaction he paused, "There's plenty of spare rooms if you feel more comfortable but I can't promise I won't be sleeping outside your door in my wolf form if you choose to stay in another room, my wolf thinks you're going to disappear every time we lose sight of you." He said sounding slightly irritated. To be honest I was fine with sharing a room, I wasn't ready to complete our bond but sleeping side by side would be a good acknowledgement of our bond and well, I loved cuddling especially when the big spoon looked as gorgeous as this specimen in front of me.

"I'm fine with sharing," I tried my hardest to keep my voice strong and hoped it came across that way. Nodding quickly, he sighed in what I assumed was relief as he continued his way up the stairs. "I'll leave you to unpack, I'll be in my office when you are finished and we can discuss whatever you please, it's the door at the end of the hallway, take your time." With a quick squeeze of my hand and a hesitant kiss to my temple, he was gone, softly shutting the door behind him. He seemed worried by whatever was coming and it made my stomach tingle with unease. I unpacked at record speed, not liking the anticipation of what was coming next and made my way towards his office. Knocking once a gruff come in Maeve followed quickly after.

Sighing as I walked in he walked over and sat on the couch at the far side of his office. "Come on, sit." he almost commanded making me frown at his town but follow nonetheless. "Why do you look so nervous?" I questioned still frowning at him.
"Because you're the only thing I have left and what I tell you might make you want to leave." The feeling rose. Oh god was he an actual killer? Did he steal children? Did he kill all his family? Did he kill the previous Alpha's and that's how he gained the title?