My Children

Arles

"Daddy no!" His little voice screamed as he lunged forward desperately trying to pry his fathers thick hand from his 4 year old twins small neck.

"Please daddy stop! It was me, it was my fault Archy didn't do anything I promise!" He screamed tears rolling freely down his face.

Throwing the almost lifeless and beaten body to the other side of the room Darius turned to face the child in front of him. "You was it?" He sneered sending spit flying to the child's cheek. "Yes sir, it was me, I was feeling poorly and I was sick and I forgot to clean it up. I'm sorry please don't punish him." He cried staring at the still frame of his tiny brother. A scream left his lips as he flew back from the force of his fathers foot kicking him in the ribs. Punches followed and Arles lay still his little hands shielding his face as his legs curled forward to protect his ribs and tummy. After what would have been minutes but felt like an eternity to him a large blob of spit flew at his cheek as his father stood up and took his leave.

Whimpering quietly the 4 year old pushed himself up and scrambled over to his brother as quickly as his beyond injured and malnourished body would let him.

"Archy please wake up" He cried pulling his head onto his legs despite his bodies furious protest. He was littered in marks from the relentless torture of his father and his wrist hung limply at his side, clearly snapped alongside ribs which he had learnt rather quickly tended to be broken easily and took a long while to heal, especially when his father loved to hurt them again whilst they were already hurt.

Lifting his knee to his chest he heaved in agony, his body threatening to give up as he took deep breaths to regain his sight. Pushing his tiny lips to his bony knee, he closed his eyes tightly and suffocated an ear piercing scream that left his mouth as he pushed his ugly looking wrist quickly back into place.

He would not fall asleep, not until he knew his brother was okay. He knew he was alive as he could see him breathing but he had to wake up first.

Standing up, painfully slowly, Arles used his unhurt arm to drag Archanders little body over to the mats they shared to sleep on. Covering him with the one thin, ratty blanket they shared which was hardly big enough to cover him fully. More often than not Arles found himself shivering in the night as he let Arch curl up in the blanket and protect his warmth, being noticeable smaller and more fragile than Arles despite the fact they were already immensely fragile and weak for four year old alpha pups. Crying slightly as he stood up, Arles walked to the far side of the bloody room where Archander had been sick that morning. His body was weak and he was slowly shutting down.

That morning Arles had noticed just how weak Archander was becoming and had forced him to eat whatever food had been shared between the two and drink everything. He blamed himself and therefore he took the blame. He shouldn't have forced his smaller brother to eat so much, he pushed him too hard but he just needed him to get better. He couldn't lose him like they lost their mommy.

Grabbing the old rags they had in the room from outgrown clothes he quickly cleaned up the mess then made his way over to the blood spattered floors and started working on that. He silently cried as he worked. Their life never used to be like this. When mommy died daddy became mean, they didn't understand why he chose to take it out on them because he had never been mean, he loved them once upon a time but he turned to hating them quickly. He just wished they could escape. He wished Archander would escape even if it meant he was stuck here forever. He'd do anything for his brother. He couldn't understand why but he knew he had to do anything for him and he would.

Stumbling onto the cold, pathetic mats he curled his body next to Archander attempting to warm himself and wrapped his arms around him in a form of protection. He'd always take the pain if it meant his brother was okay. There was no denying that he would give his last breath and his small mind, unable to understand what that truly meant just knew that his brother was his only care in this horrible world.