Chapter 13: Last Period

Word Count: 639
Warnings:
- None

Stan and I went back inside and watched movies all night. He didn't pester me anymore about what was upsetting me and I'm glad. But there was one thing he mentioned to me. Him and Wendy were going through a fight. Apparently he never talks to her anymore and the girls won't let her talk to him because of me. That definitely made me feel much better about the situation. Though, he also told me that Wendy isn't upset with me, but doesn't want to upset the girls by talking to me.

Why do everyone's problems have something to do with me? Is it karma for liking Kyle? Why would that be a bad thing? Though, I'm probably just overreacting or overthinking, or both...

Kyles POV (Next Day)

I have math last period, not only is it with Y/n, we sit next to each other. It'll be the perfect time for me to ask her about what's been going on. I really hope I haven't done anything wrong, though she does stress about things a lot. If she's going through something, she should let me be there for her, but I have a feeling it has something to do with me.

The day went as normal, though Y/n didn't come in the cafeteria at all today. After lunch, I rushed to math and waited for her in our usual spot. 5 minutes went by and there she was, but she looked at me, almost fearful.

Your POV

I walked into math and saw Kyle. He was staring at the door, probably waiting for me to arrive. I looked at him wide eyed, I wasn't scared, I was just surprised. Surprised that he still had that same look in his eyes.

I wandered over to my seat next to him and sat down. I turned and faced him as his eyes pierced mine. "What's been going on with you?" He asked softly.

"Everything." I answered and sighed. "And yeah, I've been avoiding you and I'm sorry, I just..." I thought for a moment. I saw Kyle staring at me with a longing in his eyes. He was so invested with what I was saying, it seemed as if he searched the silence for a hitch in my breath or a coo in my voice. "Ever since we started having a thing, I've just been worried..." I waited for a response.

"Yeah I know what you mean." He nodded. "I've been a little worried too, but what if we don't? What if we tell everyone and if they hate us they hate us and if they don't, they don't." He lit up at his answer. I hesitated but agreed in the end.

He grabbed my hand from under the table. I hesitated to let him, but as he intertwined our fingers, I realised that it felt right. By the end of class, I was gripping his hand tighter than he was gripping mine. I supposed I needed it more than he did.

We walked out of class hand in hand but I froze as I saw Stan in the distance. Kyle looked at me with comforting eyes and tugged my arm forwards slightly so I'd keep moving. He squeezed my hand occasionally to let me know that it was fine. We walked up to Stan and greeted him. He didn't notice at first but when he did. "What. The. Fuck."

*I know this is only short but I came up with another idea for another Kyle x reader story that I'm going to start writing, I promise more effort will be put into that one. It was the one I was going to write originally but then changed my mind to this one, I wish I didn't. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the story.*