Chapter 7: Tolkien's Party (Part 3)

Word Count: 1011

Warnings:

- Underage drinking

- Mentions of sex

Bebe had disappeared. But just as I thought her wrath had ended, I headed down the stairs and saw Bebe talking to Kyle again. This time she looked angry. She got distracted for a couple seconds after going off at him and causing a mild scene. Help me, he mouthed urgently. I ushered him to come over to me and he swiftly followed me into the kitchen.

"What was that about?" I asked him with a chuckle.

"Dude, I am not drunk enough for this." He pulled out a bottle of straight liquor and took a few big gulps before putting it back in the fridge and taking another sip from his bottle. "She came up to me and got mad because apparently I'm the reason she's angry at you and you're talking to me out of spite because you never liked her." He explain in one big heap. I sighed and pushed myself up so I could sit on the counter.

"Ugh, this is our problem now, and she's gonna go tell everyone that we hate her." I told him as he walked over and leaned beside where I was sitting.

"Do we?" He asked as he turned to me.

"I hate the way she deals with things, but I don't hate her." I told him and glanced down a the ground then back up at him. "Nothing seemed to change at the start of the year, but everything did."

"How so?"

"I mean, now I know Stan and Wendy are fucking. I walked in on them in the bathroom just before I came downstairs." Kyle cringed at my words. "But that isn't the point, the point is..." I trailed off. "Everyone is losing their innocence, whether they physically do or they just start developing that petty jealously over nothing, like Bebe. Being kids didn't last forever, but it meant something to me. We all grew up and it hurts to watch everyone hate each other over nothing."

"You have an interesting point of view." Kyle said as he slid onto the bench next to me. "Beer?" He held out his bottle just in case I wanted some. I shook my head and he took a sip instead. "Well, what I mean is, you sit and watch people have fun instead of having it yourself, you've never spoken a great deal and you usual stand in a corner and watch. People change and forget to tell each other, but no one needs to tell you. You just, notice. You see things that other people can't, even if it's right in front of them."

I stared at Kyle with a certain longing. No one has never explained myself to me like that. It doesn't make sense, but love never does. Is this love? I've seen plenty of it. I know how to spot it from across the room, but I've never felt it. If this is love, it feels odd and I'm not sure I like it. Suddenly, I want to tell him all my secrets. I want to know all of his too. I don't know if I want to run in fear or stay and let him pick at my brain while I stare into his eyes and hope he understands why I am the way I am. This doesn't make sense, but love never does.

"Sorry, that was weird." He got up off the bench and gave me an awkward sigh.

"No, it's fine." I told him quietly as I got off the counter as well. We didn't walk towards each other but we didn't really need too. We just stared at each other, his green eyes were confused but seemed somewhat soft. I'd hate to know what it's like to meet my eyes, but if this is his reaction than it can't be that bad.

"Oh my god, Y/n, I am so sorry!" Wendy yelled as she burst through the kitchen door towards me. Kyle and I snapped out of whatever tension we just had.

"Wendy it's fine. Seeing my dad try and beat mom on Onlyfans was enough to desensitize me." I told her as she pulled me in for a hug.

"I am really truly sorry." She whispered in my ear. "Though I doubt Stan cares."

"Stan probably thought it was funny." I chuckled and so did she.

"I mean, it kind of was." She replied with a sort of cheeky grin. I nodded as we laughed. As we talked more, I realised that Bebe hadn't gotten to her yet. Who knows what she was telling people.

Wendy soon left and I was left alone in the kitchen. Kyle walked out a couple minutes after Wendy came in. I debated on staying in the kitchen, but I decided I'd try and find everyone.

I left the kitchen and got hit with the sharp smell of alcohol. It was much worse than before. I wandered through the crowd in hopes to find a familiar face. I kept walking until I saw Kenny laying lazily on the couch. "Hey." I said as I sat where is legs folded.

"Dude, I'm so fucked right now." Kenny sighed and chuckled. His eyes were red and his face was sweaty.

"How much did you drink?" I asked him.

"Uh- 12?" He answered, not entirely sure. I rolled my eyes and got up as I say Stan coming over.

"How much have you drank?" I asked him too.

"More than Kenny." He answered in a slur and took another sip of his beer. Knowing I couldn't do anything about it, I nodded and walked away. As I looked behind him, I saw Heidi, Wendy and Bebe. That can't be good. I quickly turned around and headed back for the kitchen, but I heard a yell from Heidi. I didn't look but it was easy to assume they were following me. As I entered the kitchen and the noise calmed, I knew for sure, they were behind me.

-To Be Continued-