chapter 36

[At Barton's house, Lada and Banner are still experiencing the after effects of Wanda's hallucinations; Banner walks out of the bathroom and sees Lada waiting outside]

Bruce Banner: I didn't realize you were waiting.

Lada Romanoff: I would've joined you, but uh, it didn't seem like the right time.

"Okay pause I am very confused is there something happening between Lada and Bruce" Daphne asked Bruce stood up "truth is me and Lada had a moment together but after sitting down and talking we thought it was best to not screw up the friendship" he explained "I did have a thing for Bruce but it was one of those in the moment crushes Bruce is sweet but we was not meant for each other besides I like my men way older" Lada smirks Steve rolls his and Bucky smiles shaking his head.

Bruce Banner: They used up all the hot water.

Lada Romanoff: I should've joined you.

Bruce Banner: Missed our window.

Lada Romanoff: Did we?

Bruce Banner: The world just saw the Hulk. The real Hulk, for the first time. You know I have to leave.

Lada Romanoff: But you assume that I have to stay? I had this, um, dream. The kind that seems normal at the time, but when you wake...

Bruce Banner: What did you dream?

Lada Romanoff: That I was an Avenger. That I was anything more than the assassin they made me.

Bruce Banner: I think you're being hard on yourself.

Lada Romanoff: Here I was hoping that was your job. [she moves closer to him]

Bruce Banner: What are you doing?

Lada Romanoff: I'm running with it, with you. If running's the plan, as far as you want.

Bruce Banner: Are you out of your mind? [Banner turns away from her]

Lada Romanoff: I want you to understand that I'm...

Bruce Banner: Lada, where can I go? Where in the world am I not a threat?

Lada Romanoff: You're not a threat to me.

Bruce Banner: You sure? Even if I didn't just... there's no future with me. I can't ever... I can't have this, kids. Do the math, I physically can't.

Lada Romanoff: Neither can I. In the Red Room, where I was trained, where I was raised, um, they have a graduation ceremony. They sterilize you. It's efficient. One less thing to worry about. The one thing that might matter more than a mission. It makes everything easier. Even killing. [she hesitates a moment] You still think you're the only monster on the team?

all of the mothers in the hall felt pity on Lada Bellatrix who also struggled to have a child knew exactly how Lada felt "no women should have that taken from them and not at such a young age" Narcissa said softly putting a hand on Lada's shoulder Lily and James had just realized what exactly they had put their daughter through. harry had come to a realization in that moment and Sirius and Remus had felt more guilt than ever that they hadn't of taken her sooner.

Bruce Banner: What, so we disappear?

[Steve and Stark are chopping wood outside Barton's house]

Tony Stark: Thor didn't say where he was going for answers?

Steve Rogers: Sometimes my teammates don't tell me things. I was kind of hoping Thor would be the exception.