chapter 19

[Pierce is holding another virtual meeting with the World Security Council]

Alexander Pierce: Nick Fury was murdered in cold blood. To any reasonable person, that would make him a martyr, not a traitor.

Councilman Rockwell: You know what makes him a traitor? Hiring a mercenary to hijack his own ship.

Councilman Singh: Nick Fury used your friendship to coerce this council into delaying Project Insight. A project he knew would expose his own illegal operations. At best, he lied to you. At worst...

Alexander Pierce: Are you calling for my resignation? I've got a pen and paper right here.

Councilwoman Hawley: That discussion can be tabled for a later time.

Alexander Pierce: But you do want to have a discussion.

Councilman Rockwell: We've already had it, Mr. Secretary. This council moves to immediately reactivate Project Insight. If you want to say something snappy, now would be a good time.

[Steve and Lada go to the mall disguised as a civilian couple]

"uh oh" Lada says knowing what is about to happen Steve smirks.

Lada Romanoff: First rule of going on the run is, don't run, walk.

Steve Rogers: If I run in these shoes, they're gonna fall off. [they go to a Mac store to use one of their computers]

Lada Romanoff: The drive has a Level Six homing program, so as soon as we boot up SHIELD will know exactly where we are.

Steve Rogers: How much time do we have?

Lada Romanoff: Uh...about nine minutes from... [she pops the flash drive into a MacBook Pro] Now. [we see several SHIELD vehicles heading their way] Fury was right about that ship, somebody's trying to hide something. This drive is protected by some sort of AI, it keeps rewriting itself to counter my commands.

Steve Rogers: Can you override it?

Lada  Romanoff: The person who developed this is slightly smarter than me. Slightly. [Rumlow and his team pull up outside the mall and head inside] [back at the Mac store, Steve and Lada continue to try and find out what's on the flash drive] I'm gonna try running a tracer. This is a program that SHIELD developed to track hostile malware, so if we can't read the file, maybe we can find out where it came from.

Apple Employee: Can I help you guys with anything?

Lada Romanoff: Oh, no. My fiancé was just helping me with some honeymoon destinations.

Steve Rogers: Right! We're getting married.

"Mr. rogers you are a horrible liar" a Hufflepuff said Lada snorted Steve sent her a glare.

Apple Employee: Congratulations. Where do you guys thinking about going? [Steve looks at the monitor and sees the signal traced to somewhere in New Jersey]

Steve Rogers: New Jersey.

"Really" "wow" "oh my god" from random people in the hall Lada starts laughing "just wait it is about to get better" Lada says in between laughs.

Apple Employee: Oh. [the employee looks at Steve for a moment] I have the exact same glasses.

Lada Romanoff: Wow, you two are practically twins.

Apple Employee: Yeah, I wish. Specimen. Uh...if you guys need anything, I've been Aaron.

Steve Rogers: Thank you. [as Rumlow and his team are in the mall looking for Steve and Lada] You said nine minutes, come on.