Chapter 20

'So you saying you guys kissed, I'm going to assume make out' Maeve questioned Malik as they got into the office.

She had seen Theodore’s car leave Malik's driveway that morning when she came to assign his schedule to him.

Malik have never felt more embarrassed than he was as he sat on the couch, resting his elbow on his kneel and nodded shamefully.

'He also spent a night or did he leave and  came back in the morning' The billionaire stared at ground not ready to give in to her amusement

'So you don't want to answer, maybe I can call him' At that Malik's head shot up and saw that Maeve actually meant what she said

'He slept over and nothing happened' he finally replied

'Good boy, now next question, did he wear your clothes? ' Maeve said and sat down beside him.

' Can you stop acting like Nat, she's a creep'

'I think I should better call her' Maeve said, picking up her phone again

'No! You are my best friend not hers' he said

'Oh, sorry for being so persuasive ' Malik nodded and relax.

' So what do you plan on doing about it' Maeve asked, her eye brow frowned in concern. She always wanted her best friend to enter a relationship and have someone to care about him but she didn't expect it to be a complicated one

'About what'

'About the contract marriage, or are both just acting '

' My feelings are not an act and I think his is also real, about the contract I don't know ' his shoulder slump at the end of that statement

' What about the kidnapping, you know you got to tell him'

'I know I don't know if I can, this was more complicated than I thought it was' Malik sighed.

He went to his desk and started doing some left out works just to distract himself.

Maeve's phone beep show that she had a text message. She opened it and it read: there is a problem.

Wasting no time, she called the number. Her unusual quietness caused Malik to divert his eyes from his desktop.

'What is it' he asked

'Someone broke into the database archive and took your file'

'How did that happened'

'Managing officer slept with a whore last night and she stole his keys'

'Can't men be more responsible? he has a wife'

'They are still yet to figure out who hired her, I'm sure they found out your secret so watch your back' Maeve announced as she took her phone to make another call.

At Maple industries, Alan sat behind his desk staring happily, not the usual type of happiness, rather the evil possessive. He stared at the brown file nicely placed on his table. Files were neatly stacked on each side, no one would have known what went down the previous night when he had ask his young secretary to solve the problem.

Like he ordered the problem was solved and anyone could imagine every possible means an  eighteen years old lady can solve a problem involving a forty two years old man.

Nevertheless, the result sat on his table waiting to reveal what it hid, the thing only that could could destroy Malik's empire and get back Theodore when released.

Alan open the file containing everything there is to know about Malik. Starting from the fact he was brought up by his single mother, father never stated. Dated a man and birthed his sister. The man ended up being a violent drunk and was currently in prison for attempted murder. His mother illness, cancer and death. The places he worked part time to earn money to feed. When he dropped out of high-school and moved from gang to gang. Went in and out of the police station, mostly for theft.

His past was pretty interesting.

The entry stopped at his last gang before he left the country and became the Malik Kent everyone knew. The gang was called "sweet tooth".

'You have lot of dirts on you, Malik' He said as he finished reading the file. He look at his young secretary who was seated outside office with glass widows. The glass widow enables him to see her and easily beckon on her.

Soon Tasha stood in front of his desk with him behind it but that did nothing to calm her scare.

'I want you to find more about this sweet tooth gang, I hope you would be able to do it' He said calmly

'Yes, sir, what should I look out for' she asked, her voice quiet but bold to hide the fright underneath it.

'The usual, who is gang leader, the members and a phone number, such an easy assignment, you may leave' he said, placing his elbow on the desk and balancing his jaw on his intertwined fingers.

'One more thing' he called and she turned back to him. 'If anyone call tell them that I'm on a coffee break' she nodded and left.

Alan went into his closest in his office to change to nerd Alan. Once he was done putting on the black hood and Jean. He passed his finger through his hair to make out his bangs. It all added up with his geek glass.

Theodore walked into his regular café like he does every afternoon. He left Marcus back in the car since he was still planning in going back to the company. This time he was hoping that his new town friend would also be there. Luckily for his he was there, eye glued on his laptop, for some unstated reasons Theodore can't wash the thoughts of his resemblance to Malik, for now that's a misery his yet to solve.

'Hey Alan' Theodore greeted with so much enthusiasm that made Alan happy that the blond man was happy to see him.

'You seemed so powered up' he responded

'Is that the word you use to explain happy, if so then yes'

'Something tells me it has a lot to with your fiance?' Alan piped in

'Was it so noticeable'

'Easy math, you left after a call from your finance, so how good was the dinner'

'Great! ' Theodore slammed his hand on his mouth and looked around the café to see most attention on him. He blushed in embrassament and Alan chuckled.

' I mean it was great, he even let me stay over for the first time, I don’t know if he might call... ' his words trailed off as he searched himself for the phone before he recalled that he threw it down from his office rooftop.

It was making to much sound, his defense.

'What happened' Alan asked

'I lost the phone' Theodore answered simply

'That's great, you wouldn't use my time with him' Alan said subtly stating his intentions, Theodore laughed 'You are cute'

'I know, both of you have so much in common especially you guys look so much alike and are both possessive '

' I might be possessive but I look nothing like him'

'Have you ever looked in the mirror? ' Theodore said and noticed the person standing beside him.

' Malik have been trying to reach you' Marcus said

'I think I lost the phone ' Marcus sighed and shook his head before taking out Theodore’s broken phone from his pocket.

' He wants to know if you are available for a dinner date '

' Of course I am' Marcus nodded and replied to Malik who was still on the call.

Alan could only roll his eyes and stare at the Cheerful man. He should enjoy the happiness while it lasts.