Chapter 16

TEN YEARS AGO

Dore's eyes was blindfolded but he could tell from the careful touches of the slightly rough palm that he could tryst this person. The touches was different from those that have misused his body, the person changed his clothes and threw him over his shoulder.

He felt he was carried to a place that smelt like pine and dried leaves. Judging by the sound on dry leaves the person carrying him is stepping on and the chirping of birds, he could tell that they were on the woods.

It was night when they came to a stop, the person who saved him from his assaulter started a fire to keep them warm and fed him.

All this went on in silence until the person asked him to sleep. Dore hasn't slept in days and same goes for today, he also felt that his savior wasn't able to.

'Are you MK' he asked

'Shut up and sleep' MK grunted, unfortunately it takes more than that to shut the blonde boy up.

'I'm going to think you are MK, I'm mad at you, actually heartbroken, I loved someone for the first time, actually the second and you broke my heart' Dore waited if MK would say anything but nothing came as expected so he continued

'Even at that I can still tell you are nice, I know that you try to hide it and behave like them but you are good person. Never hide it again' he heard a silent sniffles from MK which shut him up for the rest of the night.

The next morning Roderick phone rang, it was the call he had been expecting since the previous day. The caller told him the directions to dropping the money, which he wrote down while staring at investigator he had hired at last minute.

'You would get your son today if you cooperate, remember no cops or he is gone' MK said as he stared at the sleeping blonde boy laying at the root of a tree.

He felt his heart clenched in guilt but he had to escape the life he and his sister are subjected to live. He wanted Natalie never to worry about money and pursue her dreams.

'Yeah, no cops'

'Call you back in 45 minutes, money must be in cash' MK said and hanged up

Roderick instructed Henry to withdraw the cash so he and Mendez, the private investigator he hired can go to the said location.

They got to the located and exactly 45 minutes his phone rang.

'Leave your goon in the car and come alone, you would find a clear path half mike away from where you pulled over, count 100 steps and drop the bag, try to act smart with me and you would regret'

Against Mendez wish, Roderick followed the kidnapper instructions. He didn't care that the kidnapper made fun of him, made him count his steps. He just wanted his son back.

He returned to his car after he dropped the bag. Not long after Roderick left the spot a homeless woman picked up the bag without them noticing her.

Dore heard MK leave without tieing him to a tree or something to keep him from leaving the spot. Dore knew this was his chance to escape since his feet weren't tied only his hands and eyes were covered but he didn’t escape for two reasons.

One, he didn't like the idea of getting lost in the woods, two, he trusted MK to keep his promise even after everything he had done. He knew his actions are heartless but his touches said something different.

MK was surprised to meet the blonde boy as he left him. He could have left the boy there for his father to find but that might take days and he promised, a promise is a debt.

MK roughly pushed Dore against the tree and began loosing the rope.

'That hurts' Dore complained to which MK responded with silence
'Such a snub' Dore muttered trying to make him talk and it didn't work.

'Stop acting like you're wicked and heartless, it doesn't suit you. Sometimes I wonder if the MK I knew through our chat was a lie or that was who you truly are'

'Shut up! 'MK yelled, he was already feeling guilty enough

'You are doing it again' Dore said with a small voice as he got scared when MK yelled at him

'You are going home, stand up' the blonde boy obeyed as he was still blindfolded

MK started with blindfold, Dore got a blur glimpse of his hand and could tell that it was inked.

'Keep your eyes close' Dore immediately closed his eyes still unable to see his Kidnapper face which he badly wanted to see.

'Once I let you go you run straight and would see a cleared path, your father is waiting for you at the end. You are lucky to have a father, now RUN!!!' MK concluded and shot his gun to the sky, scaring the blonde and making him run for his life.

The father and son duo united in tears anf MK made his way home and he was met with a home he didn't recognize. His things were scattered, the pictures that were hung on the walls had crashed on the ground and there were bullet holes on the wall.

He knew that now he was haunted, it take a genius to know that Aneel was after him since their boss was dead and Fahil isn't able to move without hold.

He felt that he step on something, he bent and picked up the broken picture frame. The removed the picture from  the shattered frame. It was their family picture that was taken when everything and everyone was okay, before their mother died from cancer.

MK wiped the tear that had fallen and hurriedly parked his and Natalie's bag so he could go pick his sister.

He folded the picture then put in his pocket before he carried his bag. He was lucky that he found Natalie immediately the school closed.

'Malik? ' she called her brother, confused with all the bags he was carrying and his worried expression. She wanted to ask questions but she decided to hug him instead and ask questions later.

They hurried to airport barely escaping Aneel who found them in the airport. Once they were safe in the plane MK finally relaxed, ready to forget the dark days and look forward to good ones.

He brought out the picture from his pocket, the picture that has always given him hope during his worse time sat on his study table in his room ten years later.

PRESENT

Theodore woke up first and found himself cuddled to Malik. For the first time since they met Theodore felt like he had met Malik before but doesn't remember where. One thing remember was the touch reminded him of someone that was blur in his memory.