Chapter 3

Theodore Bradford didn’t expect the American-Arabian man he helped to be Malik Kent, his business partner. His mother had told him of someone named Malik Kent to be one of their investor, he didn’t actually remember the surname but the name stuck in his head since that was the name of his old friend. 

‘We are here’ Marcus, his bodyguard and secretary announced, their car had stopped in front of a mansion.

‘Home sweet home’ Theodore said with sarcasm

‘He isn’t that bad, sir’ 

‘You saying that because of you are getting paid for your job, try being his son, he’s hard to please’ 

‘It’s just one dinner and you are back home’ Marcus assured before Theodore stepped out of the car and Marcus drove the car to the garage. 

The blonde man might be an adult but he definitely fears his father and would do anything to please him, actually he got no choice but to do so, not after his incident. He had to change out of his Dior suit he wore that afternoon to a tailor suit his father had sent over, he took a breather and went in.

‘It’s been a long time, Henry’ he greeted the aged butler who had worked for his family for years, sometimes he even wonders if he has a family. He went straight to the dining room which looked unnecessarily huge. There was a long table situated in the middle of the room and had a chair at the head of the table and two other chairs close to it across each other, extravagant. He took his place on the seat not long his mother showed up, she was surprise to see her at the arranged dinner, she wasn’t sure he would show up because she was used to her son been rebellious but obedience still had a good look on him. The master of the house entered ending all small talks between mother and child. The dinner was filled with an awful silence and hostility, mainly between the father and son but that was how the Bradford family were without the mask of the happy family they portray to the world. 

It’s been years since he ate with his family, not since the incident that happened ten years ago. Dessert was served right after dinner at the same time his father, Roderick Bradford revealed the main reason behind the dinner. 

‘You are getting married, Theodore’ 

‘What?! I haven’t found someone to marry’ Theodore refuted, using his eyes to ask his mother if she knew about it but she shook her head in saying no.

‘I’ve found someone’ Roderick said 

‘I hope you aren’t thinking of marrying off to a lady’

‘Who said anything about a lady’ his father said with a satisfying smile he got from Theodore’s reaction.

‘I’m not getting married to a total stranger who I don’t love and I don’t know I would love, come on, mom help me here’

‘Roderick…’

‘You don’t get a say in this matter neither does he’ his father interrupted 

‘But dad this isn’t ancient times’ the young heir tried to convince

‘I’m willing to go back to ancient times if that’s what it takes to make you responsible’

‘Being responsible is what I have been doing for almost two months’ he raised his voiced a little

‘Being responsible is having a terrorist in your bed, right?’ 

‘Don’t call him that, I was just helping a drunken man, nothing much’ his words were not heard as his father left the dinning. He knew that talking to his father was a lost cause but he was also being a racist.