Chapter 15

Trigger warning:

Those hands moved on his body, violating it without pity or conscience. Those hands pulled on his clothes, removing the only thing that separated those hands from his body. His breath hastened in fear as those hands moved north on his bare chest, grazing his nappies before grabbing his neck and forcing his lips on him. He couldn’t see the person as his eyes were blindfolded. He could only see the darkness, the ability not to see the person violating him made him panic. He moved his hands on the space around him hoping to touch someone but it was empty and cold. He squeezed the fabric and woke up from his nightmare with a scream.

Malik groaned at the constant ringing coming from his phone. He thought he could ignore it because he knew Maeve would stop calling if he didn't answer.

This call was different, it seemed like Maeve wasn't going to stop. What could be so important?
He groaned again and felt his phone on the dresser beside his bed.

'Maeve? '

'Not Maeve, Marcus' the caller replied causing Malik to seat up

'Marcus is anything wrong'

'It's Theodore, he needs you'

'Where is he? ' Malik said as he left him room to grab is keys and jacket before entering into his car.

' His hotel room' Marcus didn't have to say much as Malik hung up and started his car.

A forty five minutes drive was shorten to twenty five minutes as the billionaire broke many driving rules. He was lucky that he didn't get stop by a cop.

He hopped out of his car, locking it by pressing the button on his keys. He dashed to the elevator, it seemed like the elevator was taking so much time to reach the eleventh floor. Relief swept through him as he heard the elevator dinged as he reached his stop but the newly gained relief disappeared as he remembered the reason he came there, Theodore.

'What's matter?' Malik asked unable to hide his terrified state in his voice. Marcus would have chuckled if they weren't in this situation. The noted that Malik was smart but was stupid when it came to matters involving Theodore.

Marcus swipped his extra card on the door lock before he answered the black haired man. 'Go in and calm him'

'What do you mean I should calm him' Malik asked confused but was answered with a scream coming from inside Theodore’s condo.

The scream had sent Malik back to the past when he was still Mk and Dore had a panic attack. He shot into the condo in reflex.

'Goodluck' Marcus muttered as his eyes swelled up and his heart ache for something he can't have. He closed the door and left the building to wallow in his sorrows.

Malik met a nerve wrecked Theodore trembling in a corner in his bedroom.

'It's going to be okay, it's going to be okay' He heard the scared man repeat the mantra in whispers.

"Was it possible for one's heart to ache some much" Malik thought as he clenched his hand on his chest. This was his fault, the after math of everything he had done. He remembered those words were what he told Theodore when he was in captive. The boy might be free from his kidnappers but he was still stuck in the past. That was no different from being kidnapped.

Theodore saw the figure in the dark approach him slowly in his dark bedroom and he panicked again.

'Please, don't come any close'

'Theodore it's me, Malik' he almost made the mistake of saying MK.

'Malik? '

'Yes Malik, your fiance' the billionaire said, Theodore tensed body calmed and his face flushed in embrassament. He was glad that they were in a dark place and his flushed face won't outed.

Malik took the opportunity to sit beside him, he noticed Theodore was still terribling. He peel the young heir's hand way from his cotton pajamas he was squeezing. He squeezed Theodore hand and that seemed to stop the terribling and slowed down his breathing.

Theodore turned to him and they stared each other eyes in the dark even though they couldn't make out each other face completely. Malik shifted closer closing the small space between them and Theodore tensed.

'It's alright, I won't hurt you' Malik said and Theodore close his eyes willing himself to accept those words. In doing that he rest on Malik shoulder for comfort.

He noted the billionaire tense before he relaxed and wrapped his arm around his shoulder.

'Imagine your favorite place' Malik said and he remembered that day in that room Dore or would he said Theodore was tied to.

'The garden' Theodore answered was the same as that day. That day this answer didn't make sense but now a picture of a familiar garden came to his mind from when he was thirteen. He sat in that garden, remembered he was not alone, he was a boy's laughter beside him

'Imagine that you are in the garden watching the sunrise' Malik said, he was actually describing what he remembered from that fragnant of memory.

'It was beautiful and I was happy' Theodore said his eyes were still close and he curled up into Malik side, bringing him out of a past he doesn't remember clearly.

'Yes, it was beautiful' Malik said, looking at the body beside him, breathing steadily and smiling.

He removed his hand that was holding Theodore’s and squeezed the young heir feet causing him to relax further.

He continued squeezing and warming his feet, he passed his fingers between his toes. Theodore tensed before he relaxed and fell asleep.

Malik continued until he was sure he won't wake up in panic again. He carried back to the bed and debated whether to sleep on the bed on the couch. He decided that the couch was the safest.

Just as he was about to leave the bed Theodore held his pinky finger.
'Don't go' was all he said as he went back to sleep still holding the finger.

Malik laid beside Theodore who closed the space between them and made sure their body was touching.

'I wasn't alone in the garden' Theodore said, definitely sleep talking.