31

THE KING
~ Arabella's pov ~

A diamond rock sits on my finger- one I cannot stop staring upon as if it will vanish in thin air. Memories of last night flood my mind and I could not sleep a wink.

I was truly marrying the king. Whom I have hated since I could remember. He had tucked himself into that locked heart of mine and threw away the key, leaving no gentleman to have the rest.

That night my family and I took one of the best carriages Jaxson had for the palace. We seeked home immediately, but I could never recover from the questioning of my family on what my ring was.

They could not stop gazing upon it. They never had seen such beauty.

I locked myself in my room, hiding from the world because I could not wrap my mind upon that night. Shock was not the right answer for the feeling I felt, I felt at peace- I felt loved.

I owned the king's heart and I was wearing his ring to be wedded to him. Ladies would have my head over him.

Upon morning, Josephine enters my room to help me bathe and get dressed. Her eyes speak for themselves- knowing the news of my engagement.

"You are engaged..." She states, eyeing the jewel on my finger.

I nod. "I am."

A smile consumes her face. "Is that not exciting, Bella? You are going to marry the man you love!"

"It is." I nod my head, embracing the rock on my finger with tears. Of course, I was happy-thrilled to be precise, but was I fit to be a Queen?

"Let me draw you a bath, shall I?" She exclaims, leaving the room.

A knock presents itself and my mother is seen entering. She stands, holding onto her stomach and tears fill the line of her eyes.

"My sweet child..." She smiles. "I could not be more proud."

"Did you know that he was going to propose?" I ask her, tilting my head.

"I spoke with him before he rushed out for you, he asked for my blessing..." She explains, taking a seat along with me on my bedside. Her hand clutches my knee, squeezing it. "Are you alright?"

"I am utterly terrified," I let out. I blow out a breath of relief just as tears consume my eyes.

"Whatever for?" She questions. "Do you not love Jaxson?"

"I do, very much," I whisper, wiping stray tears from my eyes. "But will I be enough to be his queen? To rule the world with him?"

"I think you will make a wonderful queen, you have the right attitude and you are always fighting for what is right. It does not matter if you are enough, if you love king Jaxson you should not care for anything else." My heart warms with her words- I knew most of what she was speaking truly came from the heart, but deep down she was begging me to take that chance so she and the family can become royalty.

It is what she has dreamed of- Since the beginning.

"He wants me to leave today," I say.

Her eyes are filled with sorrow. Her youngest child is finally leaving home. "Why so early?"

"I am taking some of my things, but not living there fully until we wed," I explain to which she slowly nods, understanding.

"Come back home if you must..." It pained her to say that.

"Would you not be angry?"

She scoffs. "I am not that horrible of a mother, if you do not wish to marry him, do not."