19

THE KING
~ Arabella's pov ~

The sun finally rose and morning came abruptly. My eyes flutter open, feeling warmth on my side. I look to my left, facing the man who brings me to my knees, who has me shaking already.

I remember every detail of what happened last night. We could never speak a word of it, we had to be behind closed doors to become one again.

My stirring around caused an awakened Oden who opened his eyes, fluttering them and remembering that he's in my room. Why did he have to look so delightful in the mornings?

His arm is around me, tightened, afraid to let go while the other is on the other side of him.

"Good morning," I greet, sitting up from the bed, and covering my naked self with the sheets on top of me.

He follows my actions, and the sheet swallows his waist and leaves his chest bare. "Morning," he greets wonderfully. He gives me a charming smile that feels my stomach with a feeling I am too familiar with.

My cheeks flush at the both of us. "Can we talk about what happened?"

"Haven't we spoken what we had to speak?" He asks, smirking.

"I-" I go to speak, but I am a stuttering mess of a lady. I did the only thing that was right for me to do, and that is shutting my trap.

"Are you regretting what happened between us?" His brown furrow, his lips form into a pout out of confusion, but also hurt. His eyes soften closely at me, waiting for an answer.

I shake my head quickly, finding his hand and giving it a squeeze. "I do not, and I do not want you to neither. I was not lying about what I said."

"Mhh," he hums. "I must've forgotten what you have spoken. Tell me, what was it that you said?"

Wicked. Wickedly charming that is what he is and is playing at.

I bite back a smile. "I belong to you, I am yours," I whisper.

"That is..." He leans in, closing in on my lips, and I fall back onto the bed behind me, giggling as he tries to catch my lips in a hastey kiss. "Correct, Miss Houstings."

"Good," I giggle out in a breath. My face grows serious, caressing his jaw in a sharp line. He looks down at me with so much adoration as if he'd burn the world just for me. "Because I never want to be wrong with you, this will always feel right. No matter what our status shows, we will always be true."

A warm, soft smile rises upon his lips and he brushes a few strands out of my face to see me clearly. The feel of his touch was soft, gentle-like as if he couldn't bear to hurt me in a way.

My heart was surely beating for him, and it was truly frightening me over the feelings I am witnessing buried deep into my soul. I would only hope he feels the same.

"I think we have waited too long for each other. I wish time could stop just to spend one more second with you," he whispers into the air which makes a smile race onto my face.

"Time does stop." I nod my head. "Only when it is with you."

He leans down carefully, pecking my lips a few times, seeming to not be able to get enough. Knocks are heard against my door, and Oden pauses over me, my eyes grow wide with fear, and I am racing from under the man above me to dress myself in a nightgown from my closet.

"Arabella? I haven't heard a word from you this morning, I have grown brood. Are you feeling well?" Mother asks from behind the door and my heart races at the sight of Oden standing tall from my bed, not caring that my mother is at my door, asking for me.