Chapter 23 (Vergil)

Vergil POV

Dante, Y/n and I stand opposite Salem and the Gods. Salem had the Sparda in hand so the Gods must have sensed it's return and returned to Remnant.

Salem: This must be such a nice reunion. The kin of Sparda and the Gods of Remnant.

The Gods used their powers to create two weapons. The Spear of Shadows and the Sword of Light.

 The Spear of Shadows and the Sword of Light

They stood ready with their weapons

They stood ready with their weapons. Y/n instructed Dante to fight the God of Light while I battle the God of Darkness. We both activate our SDT and fly at the Gods. I dodge a strike from the spear and grab the God of Darkness by the throat before throwing him out of the Qliphoth. He began to float in the air with the spear.

Darkness: So you are the son of Sparda? Your father may have bested my brother and I but I will not be beat by his son!

Vergil: By the end of this battle, you will be severely disappointed.

Both I and the God flew at each other. My Devil Sword clashed with his spears long staff. We push against each other but I slowly begin to over power the God but he teleported behind me and tried to stab me with his spear but I quickly turn around and parry his attack before slashing at his chest. I then created a spectral copy of myself that copied my every attack so we both began preforming a Judgement Cut on the God before slashing at him multiple times. I cut my spectral copy in half causing it to disappear before kicking the God of Darkness in the face.

Darkness: Fine. My turn.

He hits me with the pommel of his spear knocking me back before impaling me with the spear head. He then threw me upwards but I ripped the spear out of my chest and threw it back at the God. The spear penetrated his chest so I stomp my foot on the pommel forcing it deeper into his chest before it came out on the other side. I kicked him downward but he quickly flew back up to me before ripping the spear out of his chest.

Darkness: You certainly live up to your fathers name.

Vergil: You only waste my time.

I slash upward at the God sending him flying into the air so I fly up after him before slashing downward on him launching him downward but he managed to stabilize himself but that didn't stop my sword digging into his chest. I pry it out but the God grabbed me by the throat and threw me into the Qliphoth but I quickly shot back toward the God. My Devil Sword clashed with his spear's staff pole again. The God and I began pushing against each other, I could feel the air around us begin to strain due to how strong the force of our pushing was, although I do believe the force between Y/n and I's battle was much more powerful.

Darkness: You're not even trying, are you?

Vergil: No.

I put much more power into my push which sent him flying into the Qliphoth. I fly at him and stab him in the shoulder before slicing straight up through his shoulder but he healed most of the wound, although it seemed it didn't stop the pain but made it worse. I used this to my advantage and grab him by the throat before flying through a Qliphoth branch creating a large hole in it. I then threw the God back into the Qliphoth tree before digging my sword into his chest and kicking his head multiple times before ripping my sword out from his chest and cutting one of his horns off. I catch the broken off horn and use it to stab him in the knee before kicking him back out of the Qliphoth. I pick up his spear that he dropped before throwing it at him but he managed to catch the spear before it hit him.

Darkness: I refuse to be beat by a demon for a second time!

Vergil: Dread it, run from it, destiny still arrives.

In a blind rage, the God charges at me with his spear in hand so I charge back with my Devil Sword. The God tries to attack me but I quickly dodge the attack and stab him in the thigh causing him to yell out in pain but I yank his spear out of his hands before stabbing him in the other leg. I rip my sword out of his thigh and stab him in the chest before throwing him to the ground. Everyone looked in amazement and that's when he stood up ready to fight me again but we heard a thud behind the God, when we look we see the God of Light fall to the ground with Dante ontop of him with his Devil Sword embedded in the Gods chest. Dante roars out in victory but the God throws him off and weakly stands up. While the God of Darkness was distracted I rip the spear out from his leg and stab him in the back but the spear head came out of his chest.

Light: No... THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING! NOT AGAIN!

Dante: What's wrong, you big glowing testicle? You seem angry!

Suddenly the ground began to shake. Everyone, including the Gods, demons and Grimm, look at the top of the Qliphoth and see bright lights coming from it and every so often a powerful shockwave. It only just occurred to me that Y/n was fighting Salem. I just hope he can hold his own against her. Everyone watches as their battle slowly becomes more and more aggressive and powerful.

Dante: Vergil! Swap!