Chapter 3

Y/n POV

I was battling the holograms again today but I upped the difficulty with the AI. Goodwitch also assisted me with getting higher year students as holograms which helped me learn their fighting styles. I also had occasional visits from the girls who came in to check if I were alright. I plunge Yamato through the chest of hologram Cardin causing him to disappear while the other holograms were laying on the floor.

Y/n: Not good enough.

I was about to restart but suddenly I heard footsteps from up by the seats. I sheath Yamato and look up at the seats to see Yang.

Yang: How long have you been going?

Y/n: Not long enough.

I teleport from the arena up to the seats with Yang.

Yang: I'll never get used to that. Anyway, I need to talk with you.

Before I could retort I was pulled away from the amphitheater and toward the library. Yang leads be to a pillar in the library before taking out a laser pointer occasionally around the corner while she had a hand on my chest to keep me from walking away. Blake walked around the corner and Yang grabbed a hold of her and ran off with both of us, she takes us to a classroom that's completely empty.

Blake: Yang, if you're going to tell me to stop you may as well save your breath.

Yang: I'm not wanting you to stop, I'm wanting you to slow down. Same with you, Y/n.

Y/n: Yang, I won't stop. I have a heavy weight on my shoulders and I need to be able to lift it. No one has the luxury to slow down.

Yang: It's not a luxury, it's a necessity.

Blake: The necessity is stopping Torchwick.

Yang: And we're going to. But first you need to sit down and listen to what I have to say.

She said as she was patting the desk she was sitting on.

Y/n: I'll listen but I am not sitting.

Blake walks and sits on the table with Yang while I stand with Yamato in hand.

Yang: Ruby and I grew up in Patch. It's an island off the coast of Vale. Our parents were huntsmen, our dad taught at Signal and our mom would take on missions around the kingdom. Her name was Summer Rose, and she was, like, super mom. Baker of cookies and slayer of giant monsters. And then, one day she left for a mission and never came back. It was tough. Ruby was really torn up but I think she was too young to really get what was going on. And my dad just kinda, shut down. It wasn't long before I learned why. Summer wasn't the first love he'd lost. She was the second. The first, was my mom. He wouldn't tell me everything, but I learned the two of them were on a team together with Summer and Qrow. And that she left me with him just after I was born. No one has seen her since.

Y/n: You are not the only one who had a parent leave you. My father left me when I was born. My mother had died when I was only three so my uncle raised me until I was ten where I set out on my own journey, to find answers as to why my father left. At the age of thirteen I learned why I had been abandoned by my father. He was offered power. He had been power hungry since an incident that orphaned him and my uncle. To this day I want to find him, to this day I train to focus myself to finding him. Slowing down? I am going slow enough. If I were to go any slower I would stop. While, yes, I agree Blake needs to slow down and focus on current things I can't and won't slow down. I had nearly gotten myself killed while looking for him but my uncle was there to save me. Yang, I wish I could slow down, but I'm at a pace that cannot go any slower. I'm at a place that won't go any lower. I am on a suicide mission just trying to find my father, I'm sorry but I can't slow anymore than I already have. Blake can, and she will.