The Final Chapter

3rd POV

Vergil and Salem battled in the cage while RWBY, Nero and Dante rushed to Y/n's side. Y/n began coughing up blood while Vergil and Salem battled.

Salem: We could've ruled together as Gods, Vergil!

Vergil: I never wanted to be your lap dog! It was only a step to this. Very. MOMENT!

Vergil and Salem clash blades again. Blake and Yang desperately attempt to cover Y/n's wound with their hands. They hoped it would at least stop the bleeding but it did nothing. The entire team were crying while Nero and Dante were on the verge of tears.

Ruby: *crying* Y-Y/n, p-p-please stay with us.

Y/n: *weakly* I'm *cough* not going anywhere, little red.

Dante: Just rest, kid. Please.

While they care to Y/n, Vergil and Salem continue to battle with such power it made the Gods impressed. Vergil and Salem clash blades again causing the ground to shatter beneath them. The lighting cage becomes more powerful and dangerous for both those on the outside and the two on the inside.

Vergil: You attack my son, use the Gods as tools, wield my fathers sword all in hopes to bring the world to its knees!

Salem: It's all coming together. Once you, your brother and your sons are dead there will be no one strong enough to stand against me! NO ONE!

She slashes Vergil directly up into the cage but he withstood the pain and launched back down at Salem, his only fuel is nothing but rage. Y/n continues to hold on for dear life while RWBY, Dante and Nero continued to care to Y/n. Y/n slowly closes his eyes while RWBY, Nero and Dante beg him to stay awake but to no avail. Y/n awoke on top of the Qliphoth tree but the surrounding area was a grey void.

???: So, you finally showed up.

Y/n turned around and saw someone he never expected to see last in life or death.

Y/n: Grandfather.

Sparda: Y/n.

Back with RWBY, they all cried uncontrollably when Y/n closed his eyes. Salem, Dante, Nero, the Gods and Vergil felt Y/n's power fade to nothing. Vergil was consumed by anger and began attacking Salem with more and more powerful attacks and the only way she was able to keep up was because of the Sparda. Y/n and Sparda stood opposite each other atop the Qliphoth.

Y/n: Is this some type of illusion?

Sparda: I can tell you, I'm somewhat real.

Y/n Somewhat?

Vergil continued to fight Salem relentlessly. He showed as little mercy possible to her. RWBY, Nero and Dante mourned the loss of Y/n while the air of the battle field changed and everyone could feel it.  

Sparda: I... sealed myself away after forcing the Gods into exile. I did it so no one had to suffer to my demonic legacy but I came back and met your grandmother and had your father and uncle, but when they were both eight when a demon attacked our home. It killed their mother and after I killed the demon, Dante and Vergil were nowhere to be seen so I had assumed they, too, were killed by the demon so I sealed myself away but that time, permanently.